Shared user-created patches

Kidfixer

Is there a place to download user-created patches for specific bands/songs? I know the POD/Helix community has a Line 6 webpage dedicated to this. Im REALLY into the 80's rock / hair-metal and I had some fantastic patches created on my Digitech GSP-2101. Alas, that unit is gone forever...but my desire to play the songs from that era has not. Im looking for patches created to emulate guitar tones from the following songs...

Queensryche - Eyes of a Stranger, I Dont Believe In Love

Whitesnake - Still of the Night

Ratt - Lay it Down, Round and Round

Van Halen- Hear About It Later (clean & dirty), Women in Love (clean & dirty), Aint Talkin 'Bout Love (need flange settings)

Scorpions - The Zoo (Someone told me the trick to this sound is a wah pedal left in mid-position??)

Ozzy - Bark at the Moon, Diary of a Madman (intro)

Dokken - Heaven Comes Down, Unchain the Night

Def Leppard - Photograph

Not sure if anyone out there has created anything for these, but if so I'd REALLY appreciate if you'd share them with me.

Thanks.

Thank you, gentlemen. Much appreciated.

Also, I was told that the AFX3 can "copy" a specific guitar tone simply by playing a track through it. Is this true? For instance, could I simply play an MP3 of Motley Crue's "Wildside", and the AFX3 would emulate that exact tone?

If so, is there a tutorial on how to go about doing that?

Thank you, gentlemen. Much appreciated.

Also, I was told that the AFX3 can "copy" a specific guitar tone simply by playing a track through it. Is this true? For instance, could I simply play an MP3 of Motley Crue's "Wildside", and the AFX3 would emulate that exact tone?

If so, is there a tutorial on how to go about doing that?
You have this but with pro tools.

You can put the audio signal directly in the axe fx even with an iPod or whatever without using usb.. don’t remember where I ve find it, it’s been a while.

Personally I have tried a little bit and was not super satisfied, it sound caricatural and … well, Maybe i don’t do it the right way 🤷

Last edited:
You have this but with pro tools.

You can put the audio signal directly in the axe fx even with an iPod or whatever without using usb.. don’t remember where I ve find it, it’s been a while.
I have asked for a real Complete tutorial about tone matching because I think that this function is underrated, but no one seems to have the courage to do it

Personally I have tried a little bit and was not super satisfied, it sound caricatural and … well, Maybe i don’t do it the right way 🤷

I love the part @03;23 where he says "it really is that simple"...when he had already lost me as soon as he said the words "Pro Tools".

Christ, I am NEVER going to be able to use this unit the way I would like. I just dont have the time to overcome the learning curve.

I love the part @03;23 where he says "it really is that simple"...when he had already lost me as soon as he said the words "Pro Tools".

Christ, I am NEVER going to be able to use this unit the way I would like. I just dont have the time to overcome the learning curve.
Yes the whole process is not simple … that’s why I gave up with tone matching in the end. I match the records by ears it’s easier/faster to me .

Here's what I would do, assuming you're newer to the unit:

I wouldn't try to get unique tones for every single song or band right away. I would try and get some good core tones that will sound good for a lot of similar songs. So for 80's metal, I would get a really good pushed modded Marshall sound and then stick with that for things like Van Halen or Ratt or Whitesnake.

To find those core tones, go through some presets (factory and user created) and identify your favorite amps and cabinets. If there's something you like, using Axe Edit I would save it to your library as a favorite block. If you don't know how to do that, search YouTube for Leon Todd library block tutorials.

Personally I like to basically use one cabinet for all my sounds because there's less to deal with. A good 4x12 with Greenbacks seems to sound great with just about any amp including Fender and Vox even. Right now I really like the cab that Cliff posted in the "Conference Championships of Tone", combined with the legacy 103 cab. Sounds awesome.

Once you start to get some good amp sounds and a cabinet you like, that's when it's useful to find special effects for certain songs. There I would search Axe Change or this forum because those questions will have come up I'm sure. Either copy the settings or again if you find a preset, save the block in your library so you can make it on your own.

At the end of the day, you should have a bunch of good amp tones, at least one cabinet you like, and effects needed for different songs. Then you can build your presets, scenes, etc.

Back
Top Bottom