Seasick Chorus

Will that give me pitch vibrato? Thanks for the response!
Yes, that's what vibrato is, a continuous altering of pitch. Chorus combines one or more vibrato effected signals to make its effect. If you use more of the effected signal than the dry signal the pitch shift becomes more and more apparent to your ears.

Yes, that's what vibrato is, a continuous altering of pitch. Chorus combines one or more vibrato effected signals to make its effect. If you use more of the effected signal than the dry signal the pitch shift becomes more and more apparent to your ears.

Yeah I know re vibrato ;) People use tremolo and vibrato so interchangeably I just always feel that I need to prefix it to make sure people know what I mean ;)

I don't REALY know how the Fractal Effects work quite yet, and so didn't know what all the parameters did...Also, I just discovered that turning Auto Depth to OFF made a big difference to the strength of the effect as well.

Thanks for your response!

The Fractal versions of effects generally work exactly like their analog counterparts. There are just more parameters exposed to you than you might see on any single stomp box device.

Auto-depth scales the Depth parameter with changes to the Rate control so things stay pleasant. It attempts to preserve the inverse relationship between those two settings that make a chorus really pleasant. But it also keeps it from getting very weird, which is a problem if very weird is what you're after. Turning it off removes the scaling so depth becomes WYSIWYG instead of being scaled based on the Rate setting.

The Fractal versions of effects generally work exactly like their analog counterparts. There are just more parameters exposed to you than you might see on any single stomp box device.

Auto-depth scales the Depth parameter with changes to the Rate control so things stay pleasant. It attempts to preserve the inverse relationship between those two settings that make a chorus really pleasant. But it also keeps it from getting very weird, which is a problem if very weird is what you're after. Turning it off removes the scaling so depth becomes WYSIWYG instead of being scaled based on the Rate setting.

That's really helpful - thanks you!!

Back
Top Bottom