Screenflow or OBS for making Music Tutorials on the Mac with AxeFX3?

zappafranco

Inspired
I want to make video tutorials with me playing guitar and/or Keyboards. I want to show the input of my iphone camera and at the same time parts of my desktop. Screenflow can do this, but I have big latency problems when I am recording myself with Screenflow. I am using the AxeFx3 as my Audio Interface.
Has anybody here found the perfect setup to do this? It should be easy, but it is not that easy. Or is it better to record my performance in Logic and then import it into screenflow. But this means you have to sync the audio recording with the screenflow video. If there is no other way, I might do that. It's just I thought that I could do everything in realtime.
In the screenflow forum they say that the older versions of screenflow could record HQ Audio form different sources, but now with version 9 there is a new driver which seems to cause a lot of latency. The problem is that if you are not using their tele stream driver you can not get the audio from other applications than your desktop audio. At least that is how I understood it...

Update: I think I got it working. This is very sloppy Funk Piano Tutorial I made this morning:

I used Screenflow. The trick is not to use the Computer Audio Recording Option. With the normal Audio Recording Option you choose Loopback. If you have Loopback you can merge your live input and the baking track into one audio stream and you are done.

Back
Top Bottom