Scene select and turning on effects

Is it possible in the FC12 to add to a switch that it changes scenes and turns on effects (which are off in the scene).

Let's say I have 8 scenes, which are all assigned to a switch. None of them have a flanger turned on, but the flanger is added in the preset. I want 1 switch to have scene 1 with the flanger turned on. Is that a possibility, without changing 1 of the 8 scenes?

Is it possible in the FC12 to add to a switch that it changes scenes and turns on effects (which are off in the scene).

Let's say I have 8 scenes, which are all assigned to a switch. None of them have a flanger turned on, but the flanger is added in the preset. I want 1 switch to have scene 1 with the flanger turned on. Is that a possibility, without changing 1 of the 8 scenes?
Don't think so, if i understand what you mean.

You can add a switch to toggle a block on and off of course, and a switch can change scenes. But recalling a scene puts all its block in the bypass state they were in when the scene was saved.

One possibly applicable exception is if you use a scene controller, but to my mind that's just a more complicated way of setting which blocks are on in the scene.

I gather you don't have any unused scenes you could set up for this?

Scene controller works perfectly, but I cannot change scenes with that method (as far as I know of).
Easiest way is to create presets with the effects, but unfortunately sometimes there is a gap in the switching. (Only when switching between preset, not with scenes or song selections)

I wish I could program 12 songs selections in 1 song, than my problem would solved 🙂

Scene controller works perfectly, but I cannot change scenes with that method (as far as I know of).
Easiest way is to create presets with the effects, but unfortunately sometimes there is a gap in the switching. (Only when switching between preset, not with scenes or song selections)

I wish I could program 12 songs selections in 1 song, than my problem would solved 🙂
If you've done the proper setup for gapless there should be no gap...

I've done the proper setup, but I experience the same as the guy in this video:

Can't watch the video right now... But do you have a Hold function on your Preset switches.

You need to have Spillover set to All, have Gapless enabled and re-save all your presets under the new firmware.

Can't watch the video right now... But do you have a Hold function on your Preset switches.

You need to have Spillover set to All, have Gapless enabled and re-save all your presets under the new firmware.
Yeah I've set the spillover set all, gapless to all and re-saved the preset with 'upgrade all presets' under utilities.
IMG_20240828_222130.png
I indeed do have a 'hold' function on one of the presets switches.

Edit: I did test it again with switches which don't have a Hold function and once after a few switches it takes the FM3 longer to switch. So normally it is pretty instead, but once in a while it can take up to 2 seconds to switch.

Last edited:
Yeah I've set the spillover set all, gapless to all and re-saved the preset with 'upgrade all presets' under utilities.
View attachment 144447
I indeed do have a 'hold' function on one of the presets switches.

Edit: I did test it again with switches which don't have a Hold function and once after a few switches it takes the FM3 longer to switch. So normally it is pretty instead, but once in a while it can take up to 2 seconds to switch.
What is the CPU load on the source and target presets?

I just watched the video... I hear no gaps when he changed presets under firmware 8, but under 7 they were very audible.

Do you need to change scenes? Instead could you just use a single control switch to change the bypass state of that one effect and also all of the other FX blocks that need to toggle their bypass state or other parameter, even if you need to employ a few otherwise-redundant blocks (like if you can’t change the channel or other necessary setting of an EQ block, you can add a 2nd EQ block just for that purpose that is switched on)?

Back
Top Bottom