Bug? Scene 1 LED issue... Intended or bug/malfunction?

Hallstein

I seem to have quite a peculiar problem with my AX8.
Sometimes when i switch to another scene in sticky scene mode, the scene LED changes, but when i change it back to scene 1, the LED for scene one does not light up, and i have to press the button for scene 1 once more to make the LED light up.

It does not seem to ALWAYS happen though.

Sometimes the LED for scene one also dims to half strength, is this normal? There shouldn't be a wiring issue since the LED is actually working.

Here's a video that shows my problem.

Last edited:
Submitted it to support. I'm having issues replicating the issue as well. This video is evidence of what's happening, but it may take me a few minutes to replicate the problem.

Last night I had my AX8 hooked up to AX8 Edit and had a similar problem, but it was only with the scene 5 LED. I paused the editor, turned on sticky scenes and began auditioning the scenes I had just set up. When I got to 5 it didn't light up. I switched back and forth several times between scene 5 and other scenes and it never lit up. I resumed the editor and switched scenes from the computer, no change. As soon as I disconnected the USB cable the LED for scene 5 began working again. I'm guessing it is more likely a bug than a hardware issue.

Well, when you say it, i don't seem to be able to recreate the problem when the USB cable is disconnected from my computer...

On my Ax8 the led for scene 7 and the led for the y parameter on switch 7 were linked. They would turn on at the same time no matter which I chose. Also when the y function wasn't on, the led would be half lit. I sent it to get it fixed and they said there was a splash of soldier on the IC for the led's. Not sure if that helps or not.

Attachments

• 20161204_003426.jpg
    20161204_003426.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Mine turned out to be a hardware issue too. FAS fixed it and had it back to me in no time. Hopefully the OP got his sorted out.

Back
Top Bottom