Not a Bug Says im editing when switching scenes?

mrdo919

Hi don't know if its me or if it's a bug? But I noticed when I switch between scenes the save light turns on and says edited? Is this normal
Also I just got the AxeFX 3 totally new and loving it. I can't wait to post my Master of puppets tone It sound dead on and have to let others have it.
Thanks

Hi don't know if its me or if it's a bug? But I noticed when I switch between scenes the save light turns on and says edited? Is this normal
It's not a bug. Every preset remembers the scene that was current when you saved the preset. If you change the scene, the unit assumes you will want that scene to be the opening one when the preset is saved then next loaded. If you choose to save the preset it's good to go, otherwise ignore it and move on.

See "Prompt on Edited Preset Change" and "Default Scene" on page 90 in the manual.

Unfortunately yes, I would prefer it comes up after adjusting a parameters rather then be triggered just by changing default scene in a preset.

Greg thanks man. Hey wile your kinda here can you help me with channels I noticed I can only switch on one block at a time? I was trying to set up multiple effects to switch on from one channel to next right now I do the scenes with bypass but it seems like I'm not getting a sime idea of channels help me brother!

Greg thanks man. Hey wile your kinda here can you help me with channels I noticed I can only switch on block at a time? I was trying to set up multiple effects to switch on from one channel to next right now I do the scenes with bypass but it seems like I'm not getting a the simple idea of channels help me brother! Lol

Unfortunately yes, I would prefer it comes up after adjusting a parameters rather then be triggered just by changing default scene in a preset.
Exactly It makes me uneasy after working on a tone for 10, 30, 50 minutes etc...
Thanks for the reply

Greg thanks man. Hey wile your kinda here can you help me with channels I noticed I can only switch on one block at a time? I was trying to set up multiple effects to switch on from one channel to next right now I do the scenes with bypass but it seems like I'm not getting a sime idea of channels help me brother!
This needs to be a separate question but consider rewording it as it's not clear what you're asking.

Before asking it I'd strongly recommend reading through the manual a couple times, especially chapter 6, and watch Leon Todd's videos. You might want to consider subscribing to Carter Cooper's video series also.

Can do.
also will sub Carter Cooper. And Leon Todd is the reason I got the axe fx 3. He just understands the controls well.
Again thanks.

Exactly It makes me uneasy after working on a tone for 10, 30, 50 minutes etc...
Save the preset, export it to a different slot, click the Snapshot tool, export it to a file... there are lots of ways to avoid losing changes. You need to figure out what workflow works for you; You'll probably go through many of them over your lifetime with the FM3.

Also I just got the AxeFX 3 totally new and loving it. I can't wait to post my Master of puppets tone It sound dead on and have to let others have it.
Thanks
The principle at work here is: if you modify a preset from AxEdit/front panel, the assumption is you are editing it and the save light will come on. If, on the other hand, you modify it from a remote control, like a pedal, the assumption is you are performing and the save light will not come on. So, if you want to change the scene without making the save light come on, use a pedal to do so.

Awesome I got it. Thanks man that clears that up fully. I was afraid of deleting my work if I switched scenes so really that cleared that up.

There's always a perfect person who doesn't make a mistake. But to answer your question because I'm stupid. Duuuhhhh. Lighten up will ya.
When information isn’t making sense we ask questions to clarify what doesn’t fit. It’s important for you to ask in the forum that applies to your question so you can get help the quickest, and, because I saw things that didn’t make sense I asked. So it’s not a matter of lightening up, it’s simply trying to understand what is going on. Nobody said you were stupid, there’s just an inconsistency.

@mrdo919 actually @Greg Ferguson is right without trying to be condescending at all, if you've asked on the FX III subforum people there would told you right away that there's a new feature introduced just a couple weeks ago to turn off the "Edit LED on scene change" thing. 🙂

For the FM3 it's safe to assume this feature will make its way to the unit in the future.

The selected channel is also saved per scene. If you are on channel A on scene 1, then you change some blocks to channel B on scene 2, and save it, then scene one will select channel A and scene 2 will select channel B. And you can mix and match, having channels AAAABA on scene one and ABBADA on scene 2 for each of your blocks, etc.

Back
Top Bottom