Saving presets to PC, for a newbie!

I have a standard Axe, and a USB / 2x midi cable (M-Audio box half way along the cable). Can I easily do a safe midi dump to a PC folder of my choice, or do I need to use software like the Axe Edit? I just want to keep the presets safe, not worried about editing on the PC right now.

I,d use axe edit , that way you can do backups.I also keep a folder on my desk top with my presets .The ones I download form the net I put there ,then with axe edit open, I can the use the recall preset from folder. learn to use the front panel and axe edit.

You don't really need Axe-Edit but you need something that can receive & save the SysEx data, like MidiOX or SendSX.

Cheers for the advice. I plugged the Axe into the Edit software, and it said something about 'sync...', so I selected bank A and it seems to have saved a heap of things to my PC. Question - when I do this next time, will it easily overwrite my last 'save'? Also, is it easy to transfer back the presets, for example if I deleted from the Axe by accident?

Yes, you can also save presets individually, and it is easy to save back to the AXe FX. All the banks you can download from the support site. Why not experiment, they are only files and can be restored.

Back
Top Bottom