Samson RESOLV 65a monitors

Doubleneck

Inspired
I’ve been using a pair of Samson RESOLV 65a monitors (great bang for the buck) that have served me quite well.

One is starting to fail.

Since one monitor is working great, I am possibly looking for a higher end monitor such as a Adams AX7 etc... replacement to be able to compare with the working one to see if a pricier high end monitor is really that much better, then make a final decision.

I am willing to spend more $ on high quality monitors if they really are that much better.

Any input would be appreciated.

Do you want the blue pill or the red pill :roll ?

Kidding aside, the Equators ($300? $400) have received rave reviews in their class, and many people love them.

I did a shoot out here at my studio (swallowed the red pill) and went much farther than I planned. I ended up with a pair of Focal BE6's (Sweetwater Sound @ $1350 per) that left me very happy, but poorer. I tried KRK's, Mackies, Yamahas, Tannoys, JBL's, and others along the way.

Do you want the blue pill or the red pill :roll ?

Kidding aside, the Equators ($300? $400) have received rave reviews in their class, and many people love them.

I did a shoot out here at my studio (swallowed the red pill) and went much farther than I planned. I ended up with a pair of Focal BE6's (Sweetwater Sound @ $1350 per) that left me very happy, but poorer. I tried KRK's, Mackies, Yamahas, Tannoys, JBL's, and others along the way.

Not sure if the blue pill or the red pill is worse? LOL.

Wonder how the Focal BE6's compare to the Equator's? Big price difference.

Your monitors are only as good as your room, treat the modes/nulls first. What you spend on monitors you should spend the same amount on room treatment. Otherwise your just wasting your money IMO

Equators are great for the price, you may want to give the new D8's a spin...they give you a rediculous 2 month trial. I have the D5's and even though I know someday I'll be buying a pair of CLR wedges when my invite is sent I've decided to keep the D5's...

Back
Top Bottom