Sam Vallen - Axe FX-coated album

samvallen

Hi all,

I'm building up to the release of an album I've been working on for a while, called "Caligula's Horse". It's progressive, heavy and a lot of different adjectives, as well as being rather guitar centric.

I've released the first track for free download (for the next couple of days), as a little bit of promotion. Please check it out:

http://samvallen.bandcamp.com/track/alone-in-the-world

It's got 7-strings, mandolins and some incredible vocals by Jim Grey (from Brisbane based progressive metal band Arcane). Have a listen, and tell your friends if you like it!

Also, practically everything was done with the Fractal.

Some great tones and playing in that!! Thanks for the freebie!! :D

Actually after listening to it a couple of times..Sam thats an AWESOME track, really impressive..not just the playing but the feel and vibe is nothing less than an EPIC 11minutes!!! :eek:

Thanks mate. Indeed the feel and vibe are a far more important aspect of the music to any of it's technicality to me.

I should also mention for anyone stumbling across this that I've got a thread floating around with the patch for the main lead sound (found in the lengthy middle solo section): viewtopic.php?f=25&t=22282

If there's any tones in this track that people want to have a look at/play through, tell me which ones and I'll upload the patches (assuming I still have it.... This things been "in progress" with the Fractal since I got it).

samvallen said:
Thanks mate. Indeed the feel and vibe are a far more important aspect of the music to any of it's technicality to me.

I should also mention for anyone stumbling across this that I've got a thread floating around with the patch for the main lead sound (found in the lengthy middle solo section): viewtopic.php?f=25&t=22282

If there's any tones in this track that people want to have a look at/play through, tell me which ones and I'll upload the patches (assuming I still have it.... This things been "in progress" with the Fractal since I got it).

If the album is up to the standard of this song it will be a massive hit!! :)

Patches always welcome!!

It sounds great. I´m gonna buy it as soon as it´d be released, for sure!! What a great sweeping picking!! How do you do, Sam?
KEEP On ROCKINN´

Thank you very much guys. Much appreciated;)

I'll be taking the track off of free download now. It can still be streamed in it's entirety.

Wow, really good!

I hear tons of great influences, but the best thing is that it sounded 'fresh' to me, if you know what I mean. I would have no hesitation buying an album of this quality.

Scott

Definition of "Epic". Really enjoyed that journey musically. Interested in your CD once it drops for sure.

Thanks heaps guys. For all those interested (and for the Axe FX community, seeing as so many people like to keep their settings top secret), here's my main Cornford lead patch, which can be heard absolutely everywhere on this track (most notably the middle solo), and the lead patch for the outro solo/melody, which I recorded with my ENGL Powerball pre-Axe FX. The Engl patch is as good an emulation as I can come up with of this section, and it's what I use to perform the part live.

Again, I'm very grateful for the feedback, kind words and general interest. Thanks heaps guys. If there's any other sounds you guys like, just ask;)

Also, if you can't get these to sound the same, everything was recorded with an early 70's Gibson L6-S, which has a very distinctive sound due to it's rather strange pickups..... They're fairly low output, and they have a very strong upper mid range, so these things may need to be considered... Anyway, enjoy!

Attachments

• Lead Powerball.syx
    2 KB · Views: 42
  • Lead Cornford.syx
    2 KB · Views: 41
Back
Top Bottom