Running to FOH and FX Return of Tube Amp? Cab/Power Amp Question

Ugly Bunny

Power User
The Global Settings only allows power amp modeling on/off and cabinet modeling on/off.

How do I go about sending a signal with the cab/power amp modeling OFF to the return of my tube amp and a fully effected (cab & power amp) sound to FOH?

Thanks!

You'd have to branch to two amp blocks and continue separate paths from there. Disable PA sim in one amp, duplicate* effects, place cab block in the one path where it's needed.

*If running mono to both destinations, full stereo effect blocks can be shared with the two signals panned L/R. Realize some blocks like reverb sum to mono for the effect input. Still, you might be able to send one signal or the other into a 100% wet reverb in a third row and send this to both outputs. (In that case ensure cab is the last block in its chain, getting signal w/ reverb already present.)

Being able to send pre/post-PA signals as L/R output from a single amp block would free up the 2nd amp block and simplify any further amp block tweaking. Currently that's not possible though.

the user manual talks about something like this, but you'll have to decide how to adjust the Power Amp sims, either duplicate amp block or just use Power Amp sims, as Bakerman mentions.

be sure to look at the other pages of the User Manual for more:

Screen Shot 2018-07-08 at 2.45.36 PM.png

^^^ Just figured this out :D

I was hoping that the disable power amp/cab option would be available for each output, but I guess this will work fine for now. Since I'm not using the looper I'll be okay. That would make things tricky lol!

Back
Top Bottom