Running Axe Fx "4 Cable Method" with an amp?

Hey guys!

I'm starting to get quite curious about adding an Axe Fx to the setup...NOT to replace everything, but to integrate into the setup with my Roadster.

Has anyone tried running the Axe with a tube amp using the 4 cable method? I'm thinking about using it for effects when using the Roadster preamp, and amp models aswell through the Roadster power amp. Input switching would happen via my GCX.

Effects wise, I use an overdrive and phaser out front, and two delay pedals in the loop...not much, but I'm thinking the Axe-Fx could replace these, and allow me to use some amp sims for alternate tones.

I'd love to hear from anyone that has tried/planned anything similar!

Eric

I love the Axe by itself, NO DOUBT!! Recently, I have been using the Axe with my Mark V and using the 4-cable method to put effects in front and in the loop. It has been working very well!! The band wanted me back with a cab onstage, "so they could hear me," however, it turns out they still have issues. Not with my tone, which is AWESOME, with the levels. This is a regular issue...I have come to the conclusion it has nothing to do with me or my rig. I wish everyone would just go to in-ears and be done with all this.

Anyway, I have been using the Axe this way and it is sweet, as it is in any application. I can recommend this, for sure. Have fun playing around!

So here's a question:
I'm what we call indecisive...I have an axe fx, Diezel Herbert and A Mesa Roadster....Is there any way to connect both the herbert and roadster to the axe fx via the 4 cable method, so that I can switch from one amp to the other without recabling each time i want to switch amps?

Hey guys!

I'm starting to get quite curious about adding an Axe Fx to the setup...NOT to replace everything, but to integrate into the setup with my Roadster.

Has anyone tried running the Axe with a tube amp using the 4 cable method? I'm thinking about using it for effects when using the Roadster preamp, and amp models aswell through the Roadster power amp. Input switching would happen via my GCX.

Effects wise, I use an overdrive and phaser out front, and two delay pedals in the loop...not much, but I'm thinking the Axe-Fx could replace these, and allow me to use some amp sims for alternate tones.

I'd love to hear from anyone that has tried/planned anything similar!

Eric

Yeks How Tos - Fractal Audio Systems Wiki

Back
Top Bottom