Running a backing track through FRFR speakers

dsouza

Experienced
How would you do it?

When I have the FM9 turned on the volume to my monitors gets muted but all sounds of my computer can be heard through my Elis 8's if they are turned on.

I want to control the volume of the backing track. Right now it is pushing the volume through at the same level of the output knob on the FM9 I think.

When using my monitors this is easy. All I have to do is open my DAW and have two recording tracks. One my guitar, two the BT. Then adjust volumes as necessary pre or post recording.

However if I just want to jam LIVE using my redsounds how would I get a BT to play at a volume I like?

You have several solutions... the first bunch that came in my mind:
  1. bring a computer and drive all the sounds from there
  2. (if you want to avoid the computer) buy a small mixer and connect every device on the mixer inputs
  3. (if you want to overcomplicate) connect the BT device in the input 2 or 3 in the FM9 and create a dedicated line in the grid that includes a null filter or eq before closing in the main output, then in the perform page you can put something to control the level of that block

I run my backing tracks (as stems) through Apple's Logic AI Mastering Tool. This will ensure all of your backing tracks are at the same level so you don't need to individually adjust. Also, this will guarantee their volume is higher than the guitar volume coming out of the unit. That way you can adjust the backing track volume to the guitar volume for your live sound.

Back
Top Bottom