Roland FV-500L or FV-500H (Vol & Wah) Low or High Impedance

Hi,

1) Can someone please tell me which model I need for the Axe Ultra? The High Impedance or the Low Impedance.
I want to use both connected directly to the Axe Ultra.

I want to use 1 for Volume and 1 for Wah Wah.

2) What and how many cables do I need? Do I need a Y cable for voulme or something. Are these instrument cables??

I know the 500H is for mono and 500L is for stereo, but I don't think this matters when you go into the axe right??

Any knowledge on the subject ??
Thanks

Moved to the proper forum.

I think both will work, but I have the 500LV, and you need a stereo cable for it. Ask for it at any decent music store, or Radio Shack might have them too.

If you get 2, 2 cables...there are inputs in the back of the Axe for this.

Awesome pedal BTW. Sturdy as all hell.

Ron

Thanks for the move, i am still new to the forums.

So it is Stereo Instrument cable? Isn't that regular guitar cable ????

The 500L will work as an expression pedal. The 500H has a high impedance potetiometer which is required when using it as a regular volume control in the signal chain. The high impedance pots don't normally work especially well as expression pedals. There is a dedicated expression out on the 500L. It needs a stereo (TRS-TRS) 1/4" instrument cable. This is not the same as a regular guitar cable which is mono (TS-TS). http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TRS_connector. James.

Both pedals are actually the same on the expression jack - it's 10k there for both the 500H and 500L.

The "regular" input and output jacks is where the main difference lies - 200k for the 500H I think but not sure on the 500L which I'll re-measure one day...

Note that a couple of people have had calibration issues with these pedals, so worth doing a search and reading up on this - may depend on usage too. I've had no issues with either pedal.

Chris

I have the 500L and it's a well-made pedal.

When using the 10K LIN connection, there's a large dead area under the heel, and a small one under the toe - I'm thinking abut putting in some wood checks so I can feel better where the adjustment range really starts and ends. I haven't checked whether the 20K LOG pots have the same start and end points.

I also shorted out the min volume for the 10K pot inside the pedal so it doesn't matter when the minimum level knob gets knocked.

Back
Top Bottom