RJ45 - Expansion Slot -Output on MFC

lukather

Inspired
Hi does anyone know what the Expansion slot (RJ45) sends .. obviously data but does it send power? presume it uses all 8 cores of cable? which pins carry power ? are the connections stardard in terms of which cores send data and which current?

I'm presuming the outer two cores sent power ?

thanks

Chris

lukather said:
Hi does anyone know what the Expansion slot (RJ45) sends .. obviously data but does it send power? presume it uses all 8 cores of cable? which pins carry power ? are the connections stardard in terms of which cores send data and which current?

thanks

Chris

grab a multimeter and touch some contacts.. i dont think you will get very far with fractal giving out info on it.

lukather said:

thanks

Chris

Dude, step away from the RJ45 socket ! :shock: :eek: :? :oops: :lol:

Cliff said it's a RS-422 port. I think the standard for RS-422 uses a 37 pin D connector but I have also seen 25 pin and 9 pin inplementations. I have not seen any kind of standard for RS-422 on a RJ45 (that's not to say there might not be one) so your best bet is probably to check it with a multimeter like Dave suggested.

The slick thing about RS-422 is that it opens the door for multiple MFC-101's (and expanders) to be connected together so that you can do things like have a stage baord and an offstage board that stay in sync no matter where the pressing gets done. This could allow us to all live out our Edge/Dallas dreams! :)

Doe anyone have any idea what amount or type of volts/Amps etc is coming out ?

Would the new expansion board be powered by this or by a seperated power supply?

thanks

Back
Top Bottom