RIP Dickey Betts

Sorry Leonardo Dicaprio GIF by Killers of the Flower Moon

Hate to hear that. As a Georgia native, it deeply saddens me. I know they started in Florida but, the Allman Brothers had some pretty deep roots here. Macon still has the old Allman Brothers house as a museum/tribute to them. They were the fathers of Southern Rock, Jazz/Blues Fusion and a bit of Progressive rock to boot. Quite a combination for a bunch of rough necks😉. RIP Dickie.

Was just informed about this sad news. He was a such a creative player. I remember learning Jessica (or trying) way back in the early days. First learned about playing harmonies.

R.I.P.
Forrest Richard “Dickey” Betts💎

Such an Iconic player with a very cool image-Sad..........Saw them , iirc, it was Nassau Coliseum on Long Island right when I got out of Nam, maybe April or May 1970... I was kind of high in those days but pretty sure it was there. In those days all the cool bands played the colleges on long island and the Nassau Coliseum. Stonybrook College was another draw for cool bands,. Duane, gone way too soon, but he and Dickey Betts played some beautiful music which Dickey carried on greatly! I lived right in Levittown, Long Island then
I still listen to Eat a Peach while driving around. Dickeys Ramblin Man- I loved that song-has such a great vibe-Guitars, Oh what a time!

Back
Top Bottom