Wish Ring Colour Change or Dim on hold press

Nick Wood

Yep it's been mentioned before but I'd like to give my reasons.

I'm on AxeFX3 and FC12. I regularly gig in cover bands and there is never a 'SET' list of songs to work to so all songs are called out. I'm not interested in various presets ... just one that I can set up for every sound required in the time honoured pedal board fashion.

1. I have my scenes set up to cover the various main sounds required. Some include effects I know would be used most. The other four are used for tuner, layout changes and two dedicated effect toggles.
2. More effect toggles are required so I set up the hold function over some of the scene buttons.
3. Effect channel changes are required so i set hold function on remaining scene buttons.
4. Hold function effects are set to scene ignore.

Now, I know my scenes and what button they are so seeing the colour is irrelevant. I'm logical minded so my effects all use channel A as the main channel. But I would like a visual indication that the hold function has been activated, whether or not it's an effect toggle or channel change. Then I know it is not channel A or toggled ON.

Either a colour change or colour dim would be great here.
Thanks
Nick

+1
Enabling a colour CHANGE option for switch presses in general would be incredibly useful. So much easier to see than dim/bright, and visual feedback for hold functions would be great.

The problem with anything affecting the switch LED color for the Hold function is this:

How does it also represent the Tap function state?

There's no good answer that really covers the various general requirements for all switch functions.

This has been discussed a lot when the FCs first came out.

The only option that could work that has been proposed is to make the LED flash when the Hold function is engaged... But many people are sensitive to flashing lights.

The only option that could work that has been proposed is to make the LED flash when the Hold function is engaged... But many people are sensitive to flashing lights.

Some people are allergic to plastic and still the FM3 comes with a plastic screen cover ... ;-)

I'm using the FM3 a lot currently and I've noticed how much I miss a visual clue of the engaged HOLD function.

Flashing could be added as an option to FC Config.

The problem with anything affecting the switch LED color for the Hold function is this:

How does it also represent the Tap function state?

There's no good answer that really covers the various general requirements for all switch functions.

This has been discussed a lot when the FCs first came out.

LED flash would be perfect .... i'm guessing by pulse people mean a 'timed' flash so yes that would work really well in my book 👍

Back
Top Bottom