Rick Toone tremolo

rog

Inspired
Well this is interesting.

I study with a guy named Chris Buono - I've been friends with him for ~25 years, so as soon as I picked up the guitar, I called him. Chris is one of Rick's crash test dummies, and he's been telling me about how amazing this tremolo is for some time. I don't really want to modify my Suhr, but if I do anything to it, it'll be this.

That is really cool. It almost looks like a vibrato version of the Evertune bridge. It sounds good too.

Reactions: rog
How is this different from a TransTrem other than the fact you can’t lock it in different keys?
It looks very different in design . The Trans Trem is basically a kahler standard style trem with an conical cam that is adjustable for relative pull based on the diameter of the arc that each string is pulled in. This acts as calibration for the relative pitch movement . This looks like it uses the Evertune principal married with a Trem king vibrato mech . I would think this steps all over several existing patents.

It looks very different in design . The Trans Trem is basically a kahler standard style trem with an conical cam that is adjustable for relative pull based on the diameter of the arc that each string is pulled in. This acts as calibration for the relative pitch movement . This looks like it uses the Evertune principal married with a Trem king vibrato mech . I would think this steps all over several existing patents.
This page lists several patents which (by name) appear to be related.

https://www.ricktoone67.com/patents-copyright

I didn't attempt to actually research the patents, though...

Reactions: rog
Back
Top Bottom