Reverb hold - sound on sound effect

izappa

GOAL - strum a chord and allow it to continue to ring. When I strum a new chord, I want to allow it to continue to ring but not stacked against the previous chord. Sound on Sound.

TRIED - I have a reverb 1 set to STACK within scene 2. When I switch to scene 1, reverb 1 is set to HOLD and it works until I strum a new chord by selecting scene 2 at which point reverb 1 goes back to STACK. I tried using a control switch but it left me more confused than anything.

Ideas?

You are probably going to have the best success with a control switch. You can use 1 switch with the Reverb modifier but will require 2 Control Switches.

Setup using Control Switches 3 and 4 (How I have mine currently setup):
-Assign Control Switch 3 as 'Source 1' and Control Switch 4 as 'Source 2'.
-Adjust 'Scale 1' to 50.0%, this will enable CS3 to engage the 'STACK' function.
-Leave 'Scale 2' at 100.0% so CS4 engages the 'HOLD' function.

That video was gold :). JoKer III - you actually changed the way I was thinking about it so thank you! Here's an example of David Gilmour doing sound-on-sound through his (very expensive) Pete Cornish pedalboard. Searching for the sound is a never-ending game.

You can actually use an expression pedal assigned to the Reverb TIME and MIX modifiers to do what he does in the video.
It is possible to increase one parameter while decreasing another using the same motion on an expression pedal.

Increasing the Reverb TIME is pretty straight forward, simply set the Min and Max to the lowest and highest values you need for heel to toe down. To decrease the MIX modifier from heel to toe down, you would need to set the Min value to the highest mix level you need, the Max value would be set to zero.

The result would be the reverb tail remaining while removing the reverb from the tone allowing you to play over it with no effects.

By using an expression pedal, I am controlling the reverb HOLD by having it OFF at MIN and HOLD at MAX. This gives me more control, and less switching, following what David Gilmour does in the video above.

Back
Top Bottom