Restore From A Backup

PSea

Experienced
Accidentally saved a scene to all scenes. Luckily (i hope) I made a backup of all presets anticipating upgrading to a new firmware which hasn't happened yet. The backup is a single file. Is there a way to extract one preset from the backup? thanks!

so before i do that, i need to make a backup of my existing presets, right? then import the old backup. then drag the preset i need onto my computer. then reinstall the presets i was using, and then drag the single preset back into it's original slot. right?

No, you're only opening the backup to extract a single preset. Nothing else will get restored.

You open the backup with the "browser" in Manage Presets.

You drag the preset you want from there (left side) into the slot you want (right side) and then save.

You can always make a backup before that just in case, but the operation in question should only affect the preset you're restoring.

man! this just opened up a whole new level of preset management for me.

so I had always been keeping all the default presets and using 385+ for the presets I screw around with or make for specific songs. I was starting to run out of room but I didn't want to lose access to the default presets (they're that good imo) in the preset window. Now I can use all the preset spaces for my stuff and when I want to explore some factory presets I can just go to the Mange Presets window, initialize the Auto-Audition button and use my arrow keys to listen to the default presets in that bank. You don't even have to drag them to an empty preset. It doesn't overwrite anything either! If I like it, all i have to do is drag it into one of my empty presets, save and call it a day!

DUDE! YEEEHAW!

...so now....when new firmware is rolled out, is there a way to just download the banks alone? or do I have to install the firmware with the updated banks and then back them up so I can do the same thing above? wondering if there's a shortcut here.

so I had always been keeping all the default presets and using 385+ for the presets I screw around with or make for specific songs. I was starting to run out of room but I didn't want to lose access to the default presets (they're that good imo) in the preset window. Now I can use all the preset spaces for my stuff and when I want to explore some factory presets I can just go to the Mange Presets window, initialize the Auto-Audition button and use my arrow keys to listen to the default presets in that bank. You don't even have to drag them to an empty preset. It doesn't overwrite anything either! If I like it, all i have to do is drag it into one of my empty presets, save and call it a day!

DUDE! YEEEHAW!

...so now....when new firmware is rolled out, is there a way to just download the banks alone? or do I have to install the firmware with the updated banks and then back them up so I can do the same thing above? wondering if there's a shortcut here.
In my experience, most firmware updates don't come with updated factory presets. They do get updated occasionally, but nowhere near as often as the firmware.

So if I'm understanding your question, it's really a non-issue.

DUDE! YEEEHAW!
:D
I'm not exactly sure what you're asking here... Firmware doesn't provide presets.

I think OP wants to download all the stock presets once they have already been updated to the latest FW by Fractal to save time updating the "old" presets. I was planning to do the same thing to avoid the tedious manual effort of updating models needing a "soft reset" for updated amp models. Today, the presets available to download are only FW7 as the update has only been out a few days. Not sure how long it'll take to before they're released with FW8.

I think OP wants to download all the stock presets once they have already been updated to the latest FW by Fractal to save time updating the "old" presets. I was planning to do the same thing to avoid the tedious manual effort of updating models needing a "soft reset" for updated amp models. Today, the presets available to download are only FW7 as the update has only been out a few days. Not sure how long it'll take to before they're released with FW8.
YUP! You're with me. Exactly what I was thinking. Thanks for the link!

Back
Top Bottom