resetting the TMA block

MickUF

This has prob been covered so forgive me but I cant find the answer. I find that playing with the TMA block it seems to remember the capture when starting anew on another preset. If i goto the spectrum its set instead of being blank. Is there a simple way to reset the parameters? Also is there a way to reset just the Reference parameter or user parameter? Im finding somtimes Im double Tone matching because if i try the user parameter for a capture the second time without resetting somehow, It Hears my signal through the TM block thus double Tonematching Any suggestions

Mick

If that's actually happening, just cycling power will clear the buffer. I'm waiting for Cliff to verify if the double tone matching thing is actually happening.

Actually what happens if you just use silence as your reference for a few seconds?

I doubt the block allows tone matching on top of tone matching but if that is somehow possible power cycling the unit to prevent that sort of buildup should be a best practice when tone matching.

If you capture a new reference does it not overwrite the existing one that was done in the same Axe power cycle session?

Cliff did post somewhere about how references only stayed in the buffer while the unit was powered up but I think he mentioned you could overwrite without restarting the Axe - just set up a new reference source and hit X to see what happens.

powering down the unit and back up does reset it yes but should there be a way to hit a button to reset the block as tone matching in general sometimes needs a second take? Problem for me is if I move to a new preset patch, insert the TM block,it remembers the last tone match i performed. Yes I can overwrite the reference BUT when playing the user capture it plays using the previous TM spectrum so yes it ends up getting double tone matched. Ex. If I use usb from youtube for a heavy sound then record myself it gets the 2 spectrums hit enter and voila. Then If I move to a new preset or create a new one,, insert the TMA block then make a new reference this new reference will overwrite the first one. Then if i try to overwrite the user side, it will work but its reading the sound with the previous TM spectrum from the first preset so the result isn't too good. Is there a way to get the TMA block a clean slate without powering down?

I noticed the same thing last night but I didn't realize a power cycle would reset the TM block. Thanks ;)

Back
Top Bottom