Redwirez Uberkab IR's

moshwitz

Inspired
Sup?

I scored 20 bucks yesterday that I could spend freely( yeah being broke sucks :evil: ) and have been really wanting to try out some Redwirez for some time now. I was gonna pick up either the Engl or the Orange for the V30's and the Marshall for the T75's, and Low and behold I see they now have Bogner UberKab IR's :eek: I went ahead bought both sets(V30 and the T75's) and I must say I am Digging the hell out of them so far, And with the blended IR's(V30+T75,,50/50) It's almost like getting a extra cab,,,,, so sweet :mrgreen: I'm Really digging the V30+T75 Cap Edge 0in in the U87 folder with my Ubermosh Patch :cool: I wish I would have been able to get these before I started tracking this song I'm involved in. But it is almost done so I'll wait till I start the next one( and update to 9.03 too :shock: )

Anyway,, Just thought I'd post that these sound,, Very Killer,,, and say thanks to Mike for putting these out :D

MOSHON
DAVE

The Uberkab from Red Wire is, IMHO, da bomb. Used it at my gig today and holy smokes... Houston, we have arrived. :D

Even this is not AxeFX related, it's Redwirez Ubercab IRs related and this is how I've found a couple of good sounding setups.

Take a look at these 2 clips I've done with the UBERCAB IRs.

1- http://soundclick.com/share?songid=8912648
2- http://soundclick.com/share?songid=8913229

In both cases I've used the same setup: First clip is a Marshall JMP modded by Suhr with the SE+ mod. Second clip is an amp I'm doing (Bigtone Razor). Both amps are directly connected to a THD hotplate as Load with master volume at 3-4 (extemely loud if a guitar cab would have been used!!!) Then the THD line output goes direct to the souncard input and on Cubase, that input channel is processed with the Ubercab IRs. This way I could record both clips at 3 a.m. with my son sleeping on the next door room. :cool:

Each clip has 2 tracks, each one with different gain settings, and each track is processed with 2 IRs.

The first one with Bogner Ubercab T75 R121 CapEdge 1" and Bogner Ubercab T75 SM57 CapOffAxis 1". 50/50
The second one with Bogner Ubercab T75 R121 OffAxis a 1" and Bogner Ubercab V30 EdgeOffAxis R121 a 1". 50/50

I hope you like it!!

chameleon said:
Even this is not AxeFX related, it's Redwirez Ubercab IRs related and this is how I've found a couple of good sounding setups.

Take a look at these 2 clips I've done with the UBERCAB IRs.

1- http://soundclick.com/share?songid=8912648
2- http://soundclick.com/share?songid=8913229

In both cases I've used the same setup: First clip is a Marshall JMP modded by Suhr with the SE+ mod. Second clip is an amp I'm doing (Bigtone Razor). Both amps are directly connected to a THD hotplate as Load with master volume at 3-4 (extemely loud if a guitar cab would have been used!!!) Then the THD line output goes direct to the souncard input and on Cubase, that input channel is processed with the Ubercab IRs. This way I could record both clips at 3 a.m. with my son sleeping on the next door room. :cool:

Each clip has 2 tracks, each one with different gain settings, and each track is processed with 2 IRs.

The first one with Bogner Ubercab T75 R121 CapEdge 1" and Bogner Ubercab T75 SM57 CapOffAxis 1". 50/50
The second one with Bogner Ubercab T75 R121 OffAxis a 1" and Bogner Ubercab V30 EdgeOffAxis R121 a 1". 50/50

I hope you like it!!

I like them a lot although I preferred the first sample more. It has a little more clarity through my speakers. Awesome sounds! :cool:

Thanks. Both are recorded with tone controls on the middle. The first amp sounds more scooped (less mids) and has more gain on tap, that's the main difference. It's pretty easy to get similar sounds on both amps adjusting the tone controls.

I actually liked the second clip. Both are very good.

FWIW, Either the V30 or the T75 Uberkab package both contain the T75/V30 50/50 pre-mixed version, which obviously by my preference above, I think is really cool.

I have also mixed the Basketweave G12M25s with the Uberkab and it sounds great.

Kudos to Mike at Redwirez.

Back
Top Bottom