Recording with the AFX2 - recorded tracks are clipping / louder

Ytolyccuz

Inspired
Hi,

I'm at a loss why my recordings are louder and seems to have clipping compared to the takes I made during recording.

I'm using Ableton Live with Axe Fx 2 mk 2 with Fremen Preset 234 with the right IR's. I did not share the preset because I'm not sure if I'll be violating anything if I shared Fremen's paid presets and the corresponding paid Ownhammer Mar-66 IR. Please advice if it's alright to share so that it's easier to troubleshoot.

Here my audio settings on the Axe:
IMG_8430.JPG IMG_8431.JPG

It doesn't sound like there's anything obviously wrong with that recording. Do you see the Output 1 clip LED light at all when recording? Does the recorded waveform look like it's clipping at times?

Have you tried recording with the looper at the end of your chain and listening to its playback? A guess is that hearing the guitar acoustically makes the amp tone seem more clean/dynamic than it really is.

Hi Bakerman,

The clip indicator on the axefx isn't lighting up nor does the waveform look clipped. You're probably right that hearing it acoustically makes me perceive it as more clean and dynamic... I'm playing at really low volumes because I live in a condo. Thanks for confirming that the recording is not clipping... It's also probably due to my crappy monitors. I hope the CLRs get restocked. Can't wait to hear the true sound of my tones.

Do see anything wrong with the I/O audio settings above?

Thanks for taking the time to help me out.

Be aware that playback from the computer is usually close to clipping the axe inputs and the clip light comes on early, so it might just look like there is clipping when there isn't.

Back
Top Bottom