Recording at 44.1

dyeryn

im in logic pro x-- reamping a project done at 44.1. i ran my reamps (through USB) before i thought about axe fx at 48k and they sound pretty ok. but is it going to sound way better if i set up a separate 48k project, reamp in there, and then import the recorded files into the 44.1 k?

hmm. the Axe only operates at 48k. so i'm not sure what actually happened in the 44.1k project.

Logic Pro will resample the project audio to whatever sample rate is supported / configured on the audio device. Since the Axe-FX III only supports 48 kHz it means that Logic is resampling the source audio to 48 kHz before passing it to the Axe-FX, then when it receives audio input from the Axe-FX it downsamples it to 44.1 kHz. https://support.apple.com/kb/PH13448?locale=en_CA

Ok I’m reading that like it’s as good as going to get already — there isn’t a way I can get around converting twice in this situation

I think you’d have basically the same result by switching to a 48k project, which would just be resampling your source audio to 48k. I assume they use the same resampling algorithms in either case.

Back
Top Bottom