Real time DAW control of Axe?

NY Guitarist

Power User
Is there a way to control the Axe in real time with my DAW?

Ideally I would love to have an Axe-Edit AU or VST plugin so could automate parameter changes. This would be a powerful feature especially when re-amping thru the Axe.

Not sure if this is what you're after but some DAW control demo'd here

Going to watch this right now, thanks!

Edit: this really helps for what I want to do. There is a lot of setup involved but it works. Again thanks!

In all honesty I would love to have an Axe-Edit plugin so that all of the parameters are visible to the DAW and can be automated like every other plugin I use every day.

A good example of this would be Spectrasonics Omnisphere that includes software control of many hardware synths.

Note to Fractal Audio: I would pay for an Axe-Edit plugin!

Last edited:
You can use External Controllers via MIDI CC messages and control anything that is modifier capable. However, this requires modification to your presets and will override manual adjustment in the editor or the front panel.

The other option is custom sysex messages to change parameter values, but that would be a ton of work. It's far easier to just run the editor alongside your DAW and adjust there.

Is there a way to control the Axe in real time with my DAW?

Ideally I would love to have an Axe-Edit AU or VST plugin so could automate parameter changes. This would be a powerful feature especially when re-amping thru the Axe.
I use MIDI in Cubase to control my axe. Any knob in the axe that is capable of a modifier can be controlled by any DAW via MIDI
I wrote automations for entire song parts to control a myriad of values in the axe: wah, reverb times, delays, mix
%, you name it. In fact, at times I use the axe fx as an instrument in itself (I mimicked a creepy choir once, using the synth with a formant block) without ever touching a guitar.
So, if I understand your wish correctly, it's all there already. If you want live manipulation, connect any midi controller to your axe and go wild!

Back
Top Bottom