Re-amping Setup with Reaper

EightySix

Hey guys, I'm looking for some help with setting things up for reamping. The goal is to still retain the clean DI signal so I can send it off to people for projects where we can't physically play in the same room, session work, etc.

I tried to use the pinned re-amping guide by Shasha but I don't think that applies to what I'm trying to do.

My signal chain is as follows: Guitar > Axe FX II XL+ >connected by USB> windows Laptop running Reaper (Version 6.80). Currently, its set up enough to where I can play and record normally but I can't get the split signal thing right. I've watched a couple how-to videos but its always off by just a little bit; sometimes the tutorial is for the Axe FX 3, or the DAW is Cubase, etc and the times I tried it isn't clear and I think I missed a step. So, anyone that's done it, how do? Also, is the SPDIF connection better than USB?

Thanks!

This is a great guide! I've saved it for when I comprehend the hardware side of this a little more -- but it didn't quite help with what I need. It explains the steps under the first 'Basic Recording Configuration' which works best for my situation but it unfortunately still kind of explains it from the standpoint of someone who already knows what they're looking for or what to do, and doesn't cover things from a legitimate first time beginning setup.

The main issue I'm having is, what settings should I be using in Reaper and in my AxeFX? For example, some videos I've watched have explained that in the I/O page on the AxeFX, my main input source should be "USB" but the sound I get (if I get sound at all) sounds scratchy and echoey like through a loudspeaker. I only get a normal, clear sound through the "Analog (In 1)" setting.

In Reaper>Options> Preferences>Audio - Device my audio system is ASIO, the driver is the FAS USB Audio ASIO Driver, my inputs are 1:IN 1, and 2: IN 2 -- My output is 1: Out 1, 2:Out 2. If I change any of those, that's when things begin to not work how I'd like it to. So, the main issue I'm having is the internal settings to be able to get my DI and re-amped signal.

Back
Top Bottom