Wish "Random" button / blind mode for auditioning cabinet IRs

wulftone

It would be great to have a shuffle or random way to audition IRs, to reduce the human bias we inevitably put on things. You could even do a "blind mode" that doesn't tell you which ones you've marked as good until your auditioning is complete.

This may be more appropriate for the Axe Edit wish list, but an on-board way to do this would be awesome, too.

Last edited:
I just came here to make a similar wish.

I got the Plugin Alliance Suhr PT100 plugin today and it has a feature I would love to see in the Axe FX or Axe Edit. You set the amount of bars you want to audition an impulse for and then it automatically moves to the next impulse until you stop it. Given how large some impulse libraries are getting this would be a great way to quickly figure out what impulses work for you.

Screenshot 2021-09-16 151951.png

if you set focus on your impulse response number in the cab screen... and then use up down arrows on your keyboard... as long as you don't look at the axefx you can blind taste test all you want in a certain 'area' anyway. sorry if you already knew that... just thought I'd mention.

if you set focus on your impulse response number in the cab screen... and then use up down arrows on your keyboard... as long as you don't look at the axefx you can blind taste test all you want in a certain 'area' anyway. sorry if you already knew that... just thought I'd mention.

A great excuse to have a friend over for a tone safari.

Edit +1 as i also think it's a fun idea.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom