Questions regarding FX8, just arrived yesterday

JohnBee

Inspired
Got the FX8 yesterday. Set it up straight into the amp, no 4 cable method yet. awesome sounds. As I was browsing through the 4 cable method presets I was wondering, there isn't any guide as to what amp settings these presets were created for (set your amp for a little dirt, super high gain?). Don't think you would use 4 cable method on a clean amp what's the point. Just set your amp to what sounds good I assume?

There is a preset for Bass at the end I think. Some of these on Guitar didn't quit sound right to my ear. Is this preset designed for Bass input or bass amp or both?

The acoustic presets, were these designed for acoustic guitar? They make the electric sound like an acoustic, very nice!!

overall very pleased!! I appreciate that the wah is already programmed for auto-engage heel down off. Just plug and go.

I tested those bass presets as I'm a bass player. And all I can say is "meeehhh" I don't think those ones are for bass. You can use it but need some tweaking there IMO....
For the drive block one bass the key to fit or not to fit the distortion on bass is the "clip type".
They for sure changes a lot in every clip type and every drive type too.

Is an amazing unit but needs some tweaking... :D:encouragement:

I tested those bass presets as I'm a bass player. And all I can say is "meeehhh" I don't think those ones are for bass.

They are for bass and were designed in person with a great session player. Different basses will of course respond differently :)

Back
Top Bottom