questions, questions......

Hey guys,

so making some progress with the mfc mkIII and the ultra... really interested in using my tube amp and tube power amp for making the sounds and the axe for just effects...

so im learning how to assign buttons to the mfc i notice that ill assign a different effect to a button and it wont do anything.. so now im figuring that i have to put that effect in the patch of the ultra as well ?

this is gonna be a lot of work...

thanks for any replies in advance

Joe

Yes. The MFC is telling the block to go on or off, but it has to be in the patch to be activated. If it is there and not engaged, the LED will be red, then green when engaged (you can decide which it is by default when you build the patch). If it is not in the patch at all the LED will be black (off).

It takes a little time, but the flexibility far outstrips a traditional pedal board. Once you have the flow down it will get really quick and easy.

Rick, thanks.. it seems as when i set a preset on the axe it somehow populates to the mfc.. how i dont know as i only have one midi cable attached. midi out to the ultra from the mfc so as long as that is working it wont be too difficult to set this up...

coming from a gsp1101 and used that for the effects only as well seemed simpler as it was one usb cable to the gsp and a network cable to the control one foot switch.. ill try to upgrade to the xl soon ....loving my mesa tube amps for the pre and power section !

Joe

Back
Top Bottom