Question on 4-cable method

EricGlass

Inspired
Hi all new to the forum. Expecting my Axe FX II to arrive Monday. In reading up on it in here, I have a question regarding the 4-cable method:

Is the 4-cable method specifically for running the Axe FX II into an amp head? I ask because I will be running mine into a power amp and then cab, so the chain will be all line level and I don't know if the 4-cable method will be necessary.

Thanks!

4 Cable method is for use with a valve head/combo to allow the EITHER use of that amps "pre" section or the AFX "PRE" section and then tha amps "power" section, while also utilising the FX on the AFX either before or after the "pre" section used.

You are just using a power amp, so you dont want the 4cm. You just want a guitar cable inthe front, and a copnnection (either Jack or XLR) from the AFX to your power amp. if its a SS Power amp leave the amp sims on, if its a valve Power amp then try amp sims on and off (which is better depends on the amp chosen and the power/volume levels used). If your using a real cab - again try both (normally cab sims off is the way to go BUT some prefere c ab sims on and some speakers like EV12Ls "can" be utilised with cab sims). If your running a Full range speaker (be it in a passive FRFR cab OR in a traditional cab) then turn the cab sims on.

^ Thanks. When you say "amp sims" don't you mean cab sims though? Confused me there. It's a Rocktron Velocity 300 so it's SS though it has a reactance circuit that is supposed replicate to output impedance of tube amplifiers. I'll be using celestions as well so I guess I'll have to try both with and without the cab sims.

Back
Top Bottom