Question for those using EV ELX112P

Kdogg14

I just got my Axe Fx2 about 2 weeks ago and I am really starting to learn how to use it. Mind you I've had tube amps before this. I am running the ev elx112p in output 1 to the speaker using an xlr cable. I have the output 1 on the Axe around 10 o'clock and the speaker level and input 1 both at 1 o'clock. I just started tweaking patches 33 and 37. I would like to keep a consistant level for tweaking purposes. The way I have it now it sounds good. However, when my drummer comes over to jam I know I have to increase the volume a bit. As I have it now am I better off using the Ax Fx2's output level to increase the volume or the speaker level for trying to be somewhat consistant with my sound?

I run the EV almost all the way up and use the Axe-fx output levels for over all volume control.

I currently run my AXE outs with output knob at about 12 o'clock to the Mixer (needs little or no mixer trim that way), then out to the ELX112Ps with their gain set around 3/4 or so usually. The mixer faders control the volume. Without the mixer, I'd do the same with the ELX112Ps and just use the AXE output to control volume.

I have 2 ev's. They are both around noon input and output (their controls). I am in a bedroom and rarely go past 9 oclock on the axe output. It would drive me insane to have to go into each patch to control volumes as I have heard others doing.

Back
Top Bottom