Question about Bypassing the front end in 4cm

naka2112

Inspired
I am getting my FX8 next week -very excited!

When set up in 4cm, can you bypass the "front end" when it is not needed? For example, when I am on a higher gain channel on my amp, I rarely use anything in front of the amp. So, can I bypass the AD/DA conversion that would normally occur before the amp input? Can this be set up to change with scenes, meaning can one scene have the front end bypassed, and another bring it back in? On a clean channel, I would want to use the front end for compression.

I realize that with the front end bypassed you would still have the signal buffered -that's ok, I am thinking about the analog digital conversion. Also, I don't think the analog digital conversions impacts the tone, its just that I know with any AD/DA conversion before a high gain channel, you are bound to get some noise (the physics makes this unavoidable).

Thanks in advance

This happens automatically, depending on how you set it up. It's discussed in the manual. If all of your "pre" blocks are bypassed, your signal doesn't go through AD/DA.

You do have to turn Auto True Bypass "On" in the Global menu. The default value for Auto True Bypass is "Off".

Back
Top Bottom