Quantum locking

NeoSound

Fractal Fanatic
When I see these experiments and demonstrations it wakes up that curious 5 year old kid inside me. My favorite toy as a child was a clump of speaker magnets my dad had collected and gave me to play with. Even though we are starting to understand how many of these things seemingly work, I can't help but think there is much more we don't understand.

When I see these experiments and demonstrations it wakes up that curious 5 year old kid inside me. My favorite toy as a child was a clump of speaker magnets my dad had collected and gave me to play with. Even though we are starting to understand how many of these things seemingly work, I can't help but think there is much more we don't understand.

Michael Jackson moon walk demystified via Quantum Locking and very cold shoes?

Nowadays there are magnets available that can crush your hand if it gets caught between them.

Being a scientist is the most fun thing in the world. You never have to grow up.

In this case you might not like reality. The average scientist at a university has to teach classes, deal and mentor students, apply for grants, deal with university politics of course (especially in this woke age) and on top of that produce a number of articles in scientific magazines per year. Lots of working hours, not all of them paid. Just doing fun experiments for the hell of it, not so much. Unless you fund it all yourself of course. Of course you could go private sector, but they have their own bureaucracies to deal with, pointy haired idiot bosses of course plus you'll research what they want you to research.

In this case you might not like reality. The average scientist at a university has to teach classes, deal and mentor students, apply for grants, deal with university politics of course (especially in this woke age) and on top of that produce a number of articles in scientific magazines per year. Lots of working hours, not all of them paid. Just doing fun experiments for the hell of it, not so much. Unless you fund it all yourself of course. Of course you could go private sector, but they have their own bureaucracies to deal with, pointy haired idiot bosses of course plus you'll research what they want you to research.

I know ... really, I know ...

I wanted to make superconductor material as a self-paced project when I was a student chem lab tech at Atlantic Community College (now Atlantic Cape Community College) back in 1992 1990 or 91. My chem teacher, Dr. Hurff, may have thought it was beyond my abilities, but he was kind enough to say it would be too expensive, so I never did. I was amazed back then at the forces at work here. Sadly, humanity has not made the jump from fascination to understanding in all that time. It doesn't seem like we are any closer to understanding how and why magnetic forces work at all. I wonder how long it will be before we have another Tesla.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom