QSC K12: What's bad about them?

guitarnerdswe

Fractal Fanatic
I tried to find all the info I can about these, and I sometimes read that they aren't as good as say the HPR122i or FBT Verve 12ma. What's not good about? Anyone who can share some info? ;)

There is not much difference between the 122, FBT or K12 IMO (see my thread on 7 FRFR solutions tested). There are subtl differences, but when compared with a decent PA it shows how "not so flat/nice" they really are, and the differences are so small in comparrison.

After trying them Id say either the 12ma or K12 are the better options with the Axe (12ma is slightly smoother, K12 slightly louder) with the 122i having a mid spike. sure it can be dialed out - but the 12ma and K12 are cheaper so why bother?

For me the RCFs (Art 322a or even better 722a) were a better sounding speaker, but thats personal I suppose.

I just thought the FBT and QSC sounded so compressed - with no highs or lows and a lack of detail/definition - when compared to quality speakers like the Codas I tried (there are others in this bracket) The RCFs had the highs and lows, but still seemed compressed and lacking detial compared to the codas. Thing is that level of PA is twice the price (some even more) of the FBT/K12.

Back
Top Bottom