QSC HPR users.Are you happy or are you waiting on Fratomic?

QSC -vs- Fratomic

• I'm happy with my QSC!!! Forget the Fratomic!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

sgb

I'm getting sick of waiting for the Fratomic and thinking of getting a QSC. What are you QSC users planning on doing when the Fratomic is released? Discuss.

I'm both your choices. So I didn't vote. I dig the QSC. I am looking forward to checking out the Atomic.

The only thing I really do not like about the QSC is the weight. It's just damn heavy. Outside of that, it's low profile when laying down in front of me and has worked on gigs from new country on stage at big festivals to in the pit at a musical play to acoustic gigs in coffee houses without a hitch.

Same here.
I'm very happy with my LEM's but I'm looking forward to the Fratomic because I want something I could use a s a backline.
This is for the situation where you play small venues when the FOH is inadequate or is only used for the vocals.

Guys,

Are you interested enough in the Fratomic that your on the pre-order list and for sure going to be buying it or are you waiting on word of mouth?

sgb said:
Are you interested enough in the Fratomic that your on the pre-order list and for sure going to be buying it or are you waiting on word of mouth?
If I didn't have other priorities (seeing how the MFC turns out, very likely getting the Axe-PC, and there's even still lots of expensive cables I need to buy, not to mention things outside of the music world that invade my wallet), I'd be on the list. The QSCs will do me fine for now, but I can't wait to hear what other folks think of the Fratomic. I've also avoided buying anything with tubes simply because I don't want to deal with it -- but I may make an exception here.

i.e. if I was rich, I'd get two. or four. :) but I'm not.

I'm having an incredibly fun time with the QSC's. They (I have a pair) satisfy all of my & the band's sonic needs. I did not vote because I'm always willing to consider new options. But it's hard to believe a significantly better option exists. With my current rig (standard + QSC122i's) I feel I'm always small amount of time away from any sound I desire. :D

I am happy with my QSCs but I am open to new options......but only if they shaped like a monitor that will allow them to me angled in front of me.

I have 2 Qsc'ss and will be purchasing at least 2 "Fratomic amp" 's. However, I will not be letting go of my QSC's. The QSC's are outstanding IMO and will just add to my super hero abilites to make noise in the neighborhood. They will be used with the AXE-FX but will be part of a larger scale PA.

Keep the responses coming! I'm going to have to wait a bit for either option because I just used some of my saved funds for a new Schecter C-7 Blackjack ATX. I'm going to be selling my Ibanez RG7421XL to recoupe the funds for the Schecter. If anybody is interested shoot me a IM.

I love my QSC but it is really heavy, hoping that the atomic cab is lighter and sounds as good (if not better).... If I go for the Atomic then the band PA might get an upgrade :)

I've got a pair of QSCs but only use one. They are heavy and it is not realistic for me to schelp both to practice. Stereo also takes a lot more work to program for and in a live situation.

When I first started the FRFR quest, I thought that I would want a standard amp/cab format. I like the QSC monitor format a lot, but again, it is the weight. I'm looking forward to the Atomic Reactor FR mainly to to the lighter weight and am hopeful that it will be optimized for the Axe. We'll see, but I think I may sell both QSCs, get the Atomic, and buy two nearfield monitors for recording and playing at home.

Honestly I'm neither choice, but I am a QSC HPR user so I get to comment. QSC is great but after a lot of tweak time I wound up preferring ART SLA-2 into real guitar cabs for my band. Axe goes direct to FOH. The QSC rocks as a vocal wedge that I can mix some (or lots) of guitar in when I want it. I can rehearse or gig without a backline cab at all if I don't feel like lugging it somewhere, but I really prefer to have that cab pumping behind me. I guess my M did V!

With such great tone from SS power (QSC or SLA-2).. why would I want tubes? That's the thing I can't get my head around with the Fratomic. All the same, I'm naturally curious to check it out when it lands like everyone else.

Hmm.. so in my own way I'm both happy with QSC and waiting on Fratomic. :D Whatever. Carry on!

I'm with Mkeditor here.
I'm happy with my QSC hpr and won't get anything that I can not lay down in front of me. So the Fratomic does not appeal to me.

CrazyHeart said:
I have a pair of QSCs, but I like my SxA360's better and they only weigh about 36 lbs. :D

I'm looking at FRFR options and could you please elaborate a bit on why you like the EVs better than QSCs - anything apart from the weight? How are they similar or different across the frequency spectrum?

Thanks!

North said:
CrazyHeart said:
I have a pair of QSCs, but I like my SxA360's better and they only weigh about 36 lbs. :D

I'm looking at FRFR options and could you please elaborate a bit on why you like the EVs better than QSCs - anything apart from the weight? How are they similar or different across the frequency spectrum?

Thanks!
i'd like to know why you like these better too?
any other EV users?

Back
Top Bottom