PRS McCarty burst 2002

waylander69

Inspired
Hi
So while away on a road trip for the summer I visited my son who said he thought there was a guitar shop nearby at Guildford so I browsed the internet and only found out it was Andertons ! So without further delay off i went to have a browse not intending to buy anything, mildly interested in an S2 McCarty single cut if they had the LT pups in it.

So after walking around the shop gazing at the lovely guitars saw that there was a special area that had the top level stuff in OMG was there some nice guitars in there.
Anyway after a short conversation with the salesman asking him about pups in the S2 McCarty's he politely said I shouldn't bother with an S2 since there was a second hand McCarty on sale which was in the warehouse and he brought up the pictures on his screen. We can have it here in 45 minutes.

You can guess the rest , I was bewitched, what a beast , Paul has even signed it on the back , never did find out why. The guitar playability was far more important

Attachments

• 20240828_204753.jpg
    20240828_204753.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 54
  • 20240828_204758.jpg
    20240828_204758.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 51
  • 20240828_204810.jpg
    20240828_204810.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 51
  • 20240828_204816~2.jpg
    20240828_204816~2.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 47
Hi
So while away on a road trip for the summer I visited my son who said he thought there was a guitar shop nearby at Guildford so I browsed the internet and only found out it was Andertons ! So without further delay off i went to have a browse not intending to buy anything, mildly interested in an S2 McCarty single cut if they had the LT pups in it.

So after walking around the shop gazing at the lovely guitars saw that there was a special area that had the top level stuff in OMG was there some nice guitars in there.
Anyway after a short conversation with the salesman asking him about pups in the S2 McCarty's he politely said I shouldn't bother with an S2 since there was a second hand McCarty on sale which was in the warehouse and he brought up the pictures on his screen. We can have it here in 45 minutes.

You can guess the rest , I was bewitched, what a beast , Paul has even signed it on the back , never did find out why. The guitar playability was far more important
$weetne$$!!!🎸😎🎸

One question for the forum, the pickups and the bridge has tarnish on it,
Is the consensus leave the tarnish to show its age or is there a recommended cleaning product for pickup covers and bridge chrome
Cheers
G \../

That looks to be one of the old-school early 2000's PRS McCarty Singlecuts, which are pretty darn good guitars. Back in those days, Paul Hisself would pretty diligently sign all the (PRS) guitars anybody handed him when he did a clinic. He might have signed that guitar at Anderton's or another store he made an appearance at.

One question for the forum, the pickups and the bridge has tarnish on it,
Is the consensus leave the tarnish to show its age or is there a recommended cleaning product for pickup covers and bridge chrome
Cheers
G \../
Mine show that tarnish too. I just clean them like normal, so they are clean and let the patina do its thing.

Back
Top Bottom