PRS Custom 24 into acoustic patch!

ML SOUND LAB

Cab Pack Wizard
Vendor
So I'm tired of always using my JPXI on gigs cause it's the only one with piezo. I thought I'd give this acoustic IR thing a try and I like how it sounds. Doesn't sound 100% like an acoustic guitar but I think it's just as close as my piezo so I'm happy.

The IR I added as an attachment is all there is to it. Don't use an amp. I had a wee bit of compression in that clip and a small plate reverb on 1 second.

This will work perfectly with a PRS HFS Bridge pickup. So it's a bridge humbucker making this sound. You can try other guitars also but they might sound a bit honky. :)

Attachments

• PRS Custom 24 Bridge Acoustic Impulse.syx
    8 KB · Views: 117
Last edited:
Cool! I have a similar "fauxcoustic" patch. If your PRS has a rotary switch, you might find that the in-between (2 & 4) positions have an attack that better approximates that of an acoustic guitar.

I've got the tone knob that can be pulled for coil tap. But... I love the simplicity of not touching my guitar for the patch. :)

Hey Clark, the patch doesn't seem to be working... I got a "wrong asset type for current configuration" error message when I tried loading it.

LOL! That explains it! Guess I need to try it with a clean patch... or maybe just get some sleep! On second look, it is actually named Acoustic IMPULSE. Ugh! :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom