Presets Full... Offloading

Metal Lion

I am using Axe Effects 3 version with maximum 512 presets. I am using Axe Edit as well.
In addition to the factory presets, I have purchased quite a few plus obtained some from the Exchange. I am now full and have 25 "Brown Sound" presets that I want to add. I am down to picking some of the factory presets that I can' see myself using to remove from memory to open up enough slots. Of course, I want to save them on my computer in case I want to try them again. Seems like a lot of the presets are spacey sound effects that I will likely never use.

1. Is it necessary to export the factory presets with a Cab Bundle? It seems the factory presets must all use factory cabinets, so just exportiong the SYX files to my computer for possible future use would seem just fine. In this case it seems that the system would match the factory cab when I import the SYX file. I don't really want to export all the cabs or FASBundles if the cabs are already there and AX3 will find them when I reload the sound.

2. Is there a way to export 25 factory presets to my computer files in one move or do I have to export them one at a time?

3. So as to handle some file organization, is there a way to move presets to different memory positions without exporting and reloading in the new location? Can you just renumber the preset to get it into a new slot.

4. Is there any significance to the factory preset number? Is it something that is referenced or organized?

I have been working with the AE3 for almost a year and I really love it.

Thanks for any Help you can give!
Metal Lion

You can always re-download and reinstall factory presets. Either by bank or select presets (via Manage Presets in the editor).

There's no need to make bundles as they use only factory IRs.

The preset numbers are not relevant.

In fact, many people will move the factory presets en-masse to the last 3 banks.

You can move presets via Manage Presets... But backup everything first, just in case.

1. Is it necessary to export the factory presets with a Cab Bundle?
No, just use "Export Preset..." in AxeEdit.

2. Is there a way to export 25 factory presets to my computer files in one move or do I have to export them one at a time?
Yes, in AxeEdit, go to "Tools" > "Manage Presets". Select the presets you want to export using "Cmd" Click on each (Mac Keyboard), the right-click and select "Export..." from the popup menu.

3. So as to handle some file organization, is there a way to move presets to different memory positions without exporting and reloading in the new location? Can you just renumber the preset to get it into a new slot.
Yes, in AxeEdit: use "Preset" > "Save a Copy..."

4. Is there any significance to the factory preset number? Is it something that is referenced or organized?
No

Personally, I have no factory presets loaded - I keep them in bank files on my computer and load selected ones in if/when needed.

Thanks Guys!!! I was able to do everything perfectly with no issues. I knew I was on the right track but didn't want to screw up all my settings. I really appreciate the help!
Best,
Metal Lion

Back
Top Bottom