Preset Navigation

teddis

Fractal Fanatic
Maybe I am not understanding something with Preset default mode.
Turn on FM 3
Defaults to Preset mode.
Default operation on switch 1 and 3 for HOLD is Bank -1 and Bank +1 respectively (unless I have messed this up somehow)

When I activate this....I see the pop up window on the LCD at the bottom......I was however expecting to see the presets advance or reverse in groups of 3 on the LCD.....it just stays on the active preset.
Right now I never know where I am as the Loaded preset is all that I see ? How do I get it so that when I advance banks by 1,or reverse, i see the presets rolling by 3 on the LCD.

Thanks

Show us your switch definitions with some FM3-Edit screen shots? Because the switch labels should change preset names when you hold switch 1 or 3 to change banks.

Hi Iaresse,
Not sure what you mean by my definitions.....this is factory default.
I thought I might see the preset list advance on the main LCD, as I toggled by bank, +1 or -1, so 3 presets at a press....I do not. Maybe its meant to be like this.
with AX8...I could see the list and advance it from switches.

Hi Iaresse,
Not sure what you mean by my definitions.....this is factory default.
I thought I might see the preset list advance on the main LCD, as I toggled by bank, +1 or -1, so 3 presets at a press....I do not. Maybe its meant to be like this.
with AX8...I could see the list and advance it from switches.
No, you'll just see the switch labels change. Like this:

Okay, thanks.
It does not work like AX8 at all then ?
Or can it ?

You could page up and down with AX8 to look at presets , banks.....I will miss this.....

Okay, thanks.
It does not work like AX8 at all then ?
Or can it ?

You could page up and down with AX8 to look at presets , banks.....I will miss this.....
The indication simply isn’t happening on the big lcd. It happens on the mini displays.

Any idea why the most left switch in preset mode says P1 ?.....the there two have the preset names....
thx

Any idea why the most left switch in preset mode says P1 ?.....the there two have the preset names....
thx
Sounds like the switch is setup to display P# instead of Name. Make sure the switch definition looks like this:

Screen Shot 2020-03-08 at 12.48.33 PM.png

thx
Probably just the label setting on the switch.

The FC-12 and FC-6 ship with a printed quick-start paper that tells you to reset default layouts before use. Not sure if the FM3 does...

Back
Top Bottom