Power for the FM3 on a pedal board

scottp

Fractal Fanatic
What are people using to connect other AC devices underneath the pedal board?

For example if I wanted to install a male IEC socket onto the pedal board, then come off the back if the IEC socket and power both the FM3 and a power supply for a wireless system.

Thanks for your input.

I have a Cioks DC10 - is it possible to power the FM3 with it? I can't find anything regarding the current draw ...

I was using the courtesy AC out on a VL Pedal Power 2 plus. I ended up buying a Furman AC215A compact power conditioner. It fits underneath my Temple board and it has 2 IEC outs on it.

I can plug the FM3 into one of them and I split the other one to connect up my Strymon Ojai which is powering some LED's and my RJM Tone saver so I can use an external tuner on my FC12 board and I have a small 1 gang UK plug to IEC on the board as well, this is used to provide power to my FC12 board.

Pedal Power 2 has always been my go to for my ax8 board and it was literally just to power my ax8 and shure glx. I used the courtesy outlet for the ax8. Its kinda overkill and a glorified power strip at that point as the courtesy outlet doesnt do any filtering or protections, its just a y connector basically.

but theres a benefit to having only one cable to plug in or not using crap barrel connector wall warts.

Another Pedal Power 2 user here. Just using the courtesy outlet and powering an Eventide H9 and Morningstar MC-6. Like @Vhalen50 really just a glorified power strip, but one cable is nice.

Back
Top Bottom