Post-rock/ Ambient cleans

Bruce1448

Hello,
Relatively new user to the axe2...

I'm curious if anyone has any patches they've created for really clean, ambient stuff?
I'd be interested in hearing what others are coming up with...

I'm typically using the Twin Verb amp with heavy delays and reverbs.

The reverbs seem particularly difficult to get that big cavernous sound, but maybe I just haven't explored enough...There is so much to tweak :D

Anybody have anything to share?

Check out "Shiver on the Rocks" preset, that has really nice ambient post rock tone... You might need to lower the master as last time I checked v5 firmware increased the drive and it became crunchy.... Not an issue ... Just turn down the master / drive to taste.

Also this is a great patch to demonstrate the use of a combination of a multidelay and reverb blocks to make a nice big reverb.

Had a few minutes to get at my DAW. Here you go.

This is a Double Verb feeding a 4x10 Bassman cab. Lots of effects blocks in the chain to play with.

I have an IA that maps to AMP 1 X/Y and switches it between a Double Verb and a Orange for heavier tones.

I usually run the Double Verb with the compressor on.

Most of the blocks are mapped to standard IA on/off values with the exception of the PITCH block.

For externals:

EXT 1 is mapped to the pitch on the PITCH block for whammy work.
EXT 3 controls both the PITCH block bypass and the DELAY 2 bypass. I like to have a spacey delay going when I'm doing my whammy work and this lets me turn that on in one step.

http://bit.ly/GOQTf8

Once 6.0 is publicly available I'll post an update that's even BETTER. :) Does X/Y switching on the amp and the cab with the overdriven amp being the tweaked JCM 800 model in 6.0 -- so good.

Last edited:
Hey iaresee~ THanks for the patch! I'm looking at it but what's the FILTER doing there? I see the level to be -80 and have no controller to adjust the level. I could simply bypass it but just wanted to know what that was doing there? ;) cheers

PS. before anything, excuse my ignorance but what is IA that I hear about? I have FCB1010 and I'm familiar with CC's but I still don't get IAs.. Is that only relevant to people with MFC's??

Last edited:
That filter should be bypassed or +6 dB flat boost -- it's just a boost I have in my patches so I can kick and IA and get moooooore out of it. If you leave it bypassed it should do nothing.

IA = instant access, it refers to a switch that sends only two CC values (an off value that's usually 0 and an on value that's usually 127 but it's not restricted to that).

Yea, I did that and everything worked fine, but strange thing is I can't seem to turn off/on your delay on the first line. I can set it to 'Y' and it seems to turn on (because I can hear the delay) but on the layout panel it still shows it being bypassed.. Man I'm a noob with the Axe... Sorry for all the questions!

Yea, I did that and everything worked fine, but strange thing is I can't seem to turn off/on your delay on the first line. I can set it to 'Y' and it seems to turn on (because I can hear the delay) but on the layout panel it still shows it being bypassed.. Man I'm a noob with the Axe... Sorry for all the questions!
Delay on the first line? The one that's running in parallel? That's controlled by External 3 controller. If you edit the delay block, go to the page with the BYPASS state on it, hit ENTER while you've got the BYPASS state selected, you can unlink it from the External 3 controller.

As I mentioned above, it's tied to Ext3, same as the PITCH block bypass, because I like that spacey delay to be on when I whammy.

Ugh, why must you do that to us? Just give us the 6 already then you wouldn't have to say that every time you post ;). In all honesty, thnks

Back
Top Bottom