possible to use CS to change block channels?

gdgross

Experienced
I'm after a way to increment the channels of two blocks simultaneously, with a single footswitch press.

I tried setting the CS MIDI menu to send CC10 on CS6, and then setting the block channel select to the same CC, but that doesn't seem to work (maybe CS MIDI only sends midi out...)

Any ideas on getting this to work (or any other way to do what I'm after - switching 2 or more block channels with a single footswitch press)?

Thanks!

I do use scenes, but I'd like to keep these particular blocks separate from the scenes. (amp & cab) I'm envisioning a world where I can step through amp/cab combos to select my basic tone and use scenes or individual effects to set up the fancy bits. (I tend to be a kitchen sink preset kind of guy).

Well, this midi cable hack actually works haha. Buuut, it looks like I'll only be able to switch between two channels. (currently, A and D, since my numbers are 127 and 0 - I assume that each channel gets 32 bits of "space" from 0-127...)

Anyone see a way around this? Here's how my CS6 is set up:

Screen Shot 2022-05-24 at 7.17.06 AM.png

I could set up a second CS with different on and off values to use on the long press, then I'd at least have it all in one footswitch... Ideally I'd like to just cycle through all four channels though.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Well, this midi cable hack actually works haha. Buuut, it looks like I'll only be able to switch between two channels. (currently, A and D, since my numbers are 127 and 0 - I assume that each channel gets 32 bits of "space" from 0-127...)

Anyone see a way around this? Here's how my CS6 is set up:

View attachment 102447

I could set up a second CS with different on and off values to use on the long press, then I'd at least have it all in one footswitch... Ideally I'd like to just cycle through all four channels though.

Thanks!
Channel changes use modulo 4 data values, just like scenes use modulo 8...

A == 0 (or 4, or 8, etc)
B == 1 (or 5, or 9, etc)
C == 2 (or 6, or 10, etc)
D == 3 (or 7, or 11, etc)

So, 0 == A and 127 == D.

Channel changes use modulo 4 data values, just like scenes use modulo 8...

A == 0 (or 4, or 8, etc)
B == 1 (or 5, or 9, etc)
C == 2 (or 6, or 10, etc)
D == 3 (or 7, or 11, etc)

So, 0 == A and 127 == D.
Gotcha, thanks. May still need to create a second CS to access all 4 channels I guess.

Back
Top Bottom