Pop Punk Rock

TaylorU

Been looking for a good pop-punk rock preset. Did some research on some of my favorite tones from that type of setups they use. This was made with a single coil tele as well as a Music-Man with some humbucks. It's a good start. Give it a try.

Attachments

• Pop Punk Rock.syx
    24.1 KB · Views: 100
Presently working on some Offspring as well as some Ramones presets. Have a little ways to go, but will post when complete.

This has been harder than I thought....

Been able to get some tones that sound great - the rest of the band loves them - but aren't 100% authentic. Believe it or not, got some workable Pennywise tones by overdriving a Mark IV (USA Lead) into some Recto 4x12's and using a Shred distortion drive block. PEQ to taste. Now, I can hear a lot more "treble" in there than Fletcher would use, but the other guys want me to leave it in. Mosty they are metalheads, lol, which is probably why.

@TaylorU ...finally tried your preset. Plugged in my AR with double humbuckers and immediately had some workable punk tones.. Played around for awhile tweaking the reverb and delay a liitle bit to get some non-driven tones to my liking. Finally, I decided to give my semi hollow with P90s a try. Oh my, what a deadly combination!

I think your lineup of the Fuzz Face into the Orange Modern/Recto's really nails punk tones - and is quite flexible. With very minor tweaking, I could see covering a lot of bands with this preset. Thanks alot!

@TaylorU ...finally tried your preset. Plugged in my AR with double humbuckers and immediately had some workable punk tones.. Played around for awhile tweaking the reverb and delay a liitle bit to get some non-driven tones to my liking. Finally, I decided to give my semi hollow with P90s a try. Oh my, what a deadly combination!

I think your lineup of the Fuzz Face into the Orange Modern/Recto's really nails punk tones - and is quite flexible. With very minor tweaking, I could see covering a lot of bands with this preset. Thanks alot!
Awesome to hear and glad you dig it! Cheers!

@TaylorU what are some bands/albums/songs that you want to reference? The two main amps for pop-punk tend to be a Dual Rec or a Marshall JCM 2000 DSL through Mesa 4x12 cabs.

In the FM3, I’d try the Recto 1 Red, Recto 2 Red, and the Solo 100 Lead (kinda feels like a Mesa/Marshall hybrid). If you’ve got my Mesa OS 412 V2 cab pack, that will get you right in the ballpark. We (Paramore) have several Mesa OS cabs, and I THINK the one I shot was the one used on the Brand New Eyes album.

Let me know if I can help you in any way.

-Justin

By definition, punk is supposed to be bare bones simple. I think he was just having some fun with me.

Respectfully, I think M@ is correct. Some pop-punk (think some Epitaph or Fat bands) can be quite produced, with multiple layers of guitars. But you might not think that's really punk, and I get that.

Back
Top Bottom