Playing into an amp with no fx loop

bluenose

Hi im just about to buy an Axefx. I will have to wait a few months before i can get some FRFR speakers, so for now i will play it through a Marshall combo or suround sound speakers.

My Marshall doesnt have an fx loop so can i just plug the Axefx straight into the Clean input of the amp ? ( an MG 30 )

Hope this thing blows away my Boss GT10

Thanks for any help

You can provided you are careful with the output level and do not send a cab sim to it. That doesn't mean you should, because plugging the axefx that way to the amp is going to severely change the tone and your presets are not going to translate well once you plug into a more serious system. On top of that, the amp is nothing out of this world... I would rather plug to some decent computer speakers while you can't afford something better.

bluenose said:
I have a speaker system the has what i think is S/PDIF inputs ( please see picture)

Can i plug the axe in this ? Bit confused because i think the axe has one S/PDIF output and these speakers have two inputs

http://www.thetechlounge.com/view-image ... ges/08.jpg

Thanks for your help
It seems that you are confusing S/PDIF input with RCA input. They use the same connector, but the S/PDIF signal is digital while the RCA input signal is analog. So you would not be successful hooking up those speakers out of the S/PDIF output.

However, you could use the Unbalanced Analog outputs using two 1/4" <-> RCA cables to those computer speakers.

The Rokit 5's would certainly be a great option as they are FRFR speakers. I don't know if you really wanted speakers loud enough for playing gigs, but the Rokit 5's would probably work well in a bedroom setting.

Back
Top Bottom