Playing acoustic guitar through my Axe FX II?

Blueser

Hi all,

Loving my Axe FX II, and have recently been doing a lot more with acoustic. I am currently having a K&K Pure Western pickup put in my Rainsong carbon fiber dread and would like to run it through my Axe II if at all possible. I have a few questions....

-I would typically need a preamp with the K&K to get the "best tone" as per some acoustic performance experts. Can I use the Tube Pre sim in the Axe as my preamp for the K&K? Would that typically be the only sim I would use in the Axe for acoustic guitar?

-I currently run a stereo power amp bridged/mono into a 2x12 guitar cab for my setup as I greatly prefer it to FRFR (I have tried, believe me). I still do have a pair of QSC HPR 122i powered monitors and was wondering if I could use output 2 on the Axe into one of the HPR122i's for just my acoustic sounds and continue to use output 1 for my electric tones in my current configuration?

I know these are noob questions, but I really have not done much with acoustic amplification. I know I can just make it easy on myself and buy the K&K XLR preamp for $150 and run directly into one of the HPR122's, but then I lose the ability to use the effects in my Axe and if I don't need to spend the money on a separate preamp right now, then it's a good thing.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Dave

I used to use outboard preamps with my Ultra and my acoustics. With the II I don't see the need of outboard preamps any more, if there ever was one. You can use the Tube Pre, I prefer no preamp just using a filter and some EQs to boost the signal of my acoustics - never sounded better.

I used to use outboard preamps with my Ultra and my acoustics. With the II I don't see the need of outboard preamps any more, if there ever was one. You can use the Tube Pre, I prefer no preamp just using a filter and some EQs to boost the signal of my acoustics - never sounded better.

Me too. The range of eq available is perfect. Also the multi band compressor
I will post the 2 patches I fine tuned last weekend when I get home later in the week.
One for a passive I-bridge, one for normal piezo

Back
Top Bottom