Pinnochios Revenge

Lettuce

Hope this one tickles your cochlea hairs. Worked on this on the FM3 version 6.02. Scene 1 contains some of Zappas secret sauce. Wah2 is meant to be bypassed, mapped to an EV-1 or EP and engaged when operated. Although a modifier on Wah2 works great to get the LFO around the frequencies that matter. Ill post that if you guys are interested.

I maxed out the CPU with all the modifiers. Nevertheless, there’s plenty of room here to do you’re own thing. Sush as, replace drive1 (furthest to the right) with your preferred amp and cab. I’m getting ready to split the outputs to a wet dry wet setup soon to control the balance.

It was lots of fun developing this preset, but the tone is just a part of it. His technique and phrasing is another ball of wax.

Attachments

• Pinnochios Revenge.zip
    3.8 KB · Views: 27
Hope this one tickles your cochlea hairs. Worked on this on the FM3 version 6.02. Scene 1 contains some of Zappas secret sauce. Wah2 is meant to be bypassed, mapped to an EV-1 or EP and engaged when operated. Although a modifier on Wah2 works great to get the LFO around the frequencies that matter. Ill post that if you guys are interested.

I maxed out the CPU with all the modifiers. Nevertheless, there’s plenty of room here to do you’re own thing. Sush as, replace drive1 (furthest to the right) with your preferred amp and cab. I’m getting ready to split the outputs to a wet dry wet setup soon to control the balance.

It was lots of fun developing this preset, but the tone is just a part of it. His technique and phrasing is another ball of wax.
Love to see when anyone shares any Zappa. Thank you so much. My favorite musician and composer. Check out some of @zappafranco posts.

None yet. I’ll try to substitute Drive1 when I move over to firmware 7. In the meantime you’ll see two Drive blocks in there. Any suggestions?
Hopefully I can get to it tomorrow evening or the next day. I have a few just got to play around with them a bit. Some ideas from posts and older presets from Dweezil, zappafranco, AB and some others that I saved to a folder but never got to it.

The amp + cabs helped A LOT. It's a bit darker now but has more sustain and feel. Here's this same preset with the Dweezil+Matt Picone IR's. Thanks Rhu! Still under FW6.02. Yippy yi yo ky yay!

Attachments

• Pinnochios Revenge.fasBundle
    59.8 KB · Views: 18
The amp + cabs helped A LOT. It's a bit darker now but has more sustain and feel. Here's this same preset with the Dweezil+Matt Picone IR's. Thanks Rhu! Still under FW6.02. Yippy yi yo ky yay!
Yea, I haven't got a chance yet to work on any of it yet. Hoping to this weekend. Still recuperating from a week in the hospital and finally getting out Monday night and it's been harder than I thought but I shall prevail. I have been listening to so much Zappa since then. Been reminiscing about all the shows I went to in Philly and meeting him a couple of times. Just such a privilege.

Yikes. Feel better. No rush, stay on the ear training.
Im not as lucky to have been able to see one of his shows, much less meet him. That must have been very cool. I came across his music in 93. Hot Rats grabbed me and the discovery kept coming. Besides the musical education his music encorages, there’s just alot of joy in there.

Hot Rats is amazing. I couldn't tell you which one is my favorite as I love them all but from when I was a wee little lad till now, I'd say I have listened to the Shut Up 'n Play Yer Guitar series the most. I used to have over 60 something FZ albums, lol. Seeing Dweezil perform his pop's music was so awesome also! The level of musicianship of all his band members was unbelievable.

Yea, I haven't got a chance yet to work on any of it yet. Hoping to this weekend. Still recuperating from a week in the hospital and finally getting out Monday night and it's been harder than I thought but I shall prevail. I have been listening to so much Zappa since then. Been reminiscing about all the shows I went to in Philly and meeting him a couple of times. Just such a privilege.
Rhu, how are you coming along man? When you’re up for it, you gotta offer more information about these concerts and meetings. Did you see the 88 band?!! Did you see Frank with Vinnie C.?!?! And how was that meeting?! (I’m going to hyperventilate).
I did see DZ too. Saw him play with Ike and a few others in Florida some time around 97.
Not to veer too far from the purpose of this post - I hope the last preset share here didn’t blow any eardrums. I’ve had to tame some of the levels and revisit scene 5 (Zolar Czakl) since it got overlooked when adding the amp and cab. The goal should really be Canard Du Jour on scene 5 though.

Rhu, how are you coming along man? When you’re up for it, you gotta offer more information about these concerts and meetings. Did you see the 88 band?!! Did you see Frank with Vinnie C.?!?! And how was that meeting?! (I’m going to hyperventilate).
I did see DZ too. Saw him play with Ike and a few others in Florida some time around 97.
Not to veer too far from the purpose of this post - I hope the last preset share here didn’t blow any eardrums. I’ve had to tame some of the levels and revisit scene 5 (Zolar Czakl) since it got overlooked when adding the amp and cab. The goal should really be Canard Du Jour on scene 5 though.
Yea, I'm still recuperating and will have to back to hospital. Having a rough time of it for now. Been following this and the forum though.

Alright guys, here comes the ice pick in the forehead. It's setup for stereo (Out 1 and 2) now. Corrected scene 5 which now is an attempt at the Stucco Homes tone. The flanger works well before the amp like we see on Tompski's Yo Mama preset. Also switched the modifier for Wah2 to a pitch follower for scene 2. Always anxious to hear any ideas to improve or explore mods.

Attachments

• FM3-Pinnochios Revenge (Stereo).syx
    24.1 KB · Views: 7
Back
Top Bottom