Pickup output?

Thenewexhibit

Experienced
It may be already known, but I assume if you take an Input block and attach it directly to an Output block, that it's quite possible for the output to clip easily? I think one guitar registered and at +20dB. Just curious about this.

Also, on a side note, if the red in the Output block means you're not clipping with a full chain (amps, cabs, drives, etc.), does that mean once you get to the red, you have 20dB until it actually clips the output??

Last edited:
Why would you connect an input block directly to an output block?

You have to adjust the input sensitivity in the set up menu for your highest output guitar. It should just be "tickling" the red. Most normal output guitars will be well below 50%.

I'm not sure about your 2nd question.

Why would you connect an input block directly to an output block?

You have to adjust the input sensitivity in the set up menu for your highest output guitar. It should just be "tickling" the red. Most normal output guitars will be well below 50%.

I'm not sure about your 2nd question.
The reason I ask is because if I need to reamp, I know roughly where to set the DI to hit the amp the same way. I don’t use the Axe iii as an interface, so I don’t record the DI through USB. That’s why I’m wondering about connecting input right to output to check the level, in which it seems even if the input sensitivity is set properly, the DI from input to output can easily clip the output. That’s why I’m wondering so that I can roughly set the DI correctly.

Back
Top Bottom