Persistent presets - can't delete them

danielworks

Inspired
Sometimes in my unit I can't delete certain user presets. It happened on FW 22 beta I think and happened again in the current FW (24p02_beta1).
Any idea why it happens ?

Explain the steps you took.

If you didn't Refresh the preset list you might be getting tricked into thinking it's still there.

Yes, exactly. Before I managed to reduce the cpu usage of the preset but now there's a block of 8 presets that I can't delete them.
I had this happen on presets with high CPU. I couldn't delete them via Axe-Edit, only via front panel.
The front panel/hardware has powers that Edit doesn't. Use it to copy an empty preset over the problem presets and they should go away.

Otherwise, if you have a recent backup from prior to when the problem appeared, tell the hardware to erase ALL the presets from the Setup menu on the front panel then reload them from the backup.

This is a problem I've run into, and we've tried to duplicate so the developers could find a fix, but it happens so rarely that it's evaded us. That's of little consolation I'm sure. It could be tied to CPU % overage but <shrugs> dunno for sure.

Last edited:
Explain the steps you took.

If you didn't Refresh the preset list you might be getting tricked into thinking it's still there.
Manage presets > delete > save
The front panel/hardware has powers that Edit doesn't. Use it to copy an empty preset over the problem presets and they should go away.

Otherwise, if you have a recent backup from prior to when the problem appeared, tell the hardware to erase ALL the presets from the Setup menu on the front panel then reload them from the backup.

This is a problem I've run into, and we've tried to duplicate so the developers could find a fix, but it happens so rarely that it's evaded us. That's of little consolation I'm sure. It could be tied to CPU % overage but <shrugs> dunno for sure.
Last time it happened , the problem vanished after an official firmware update

Back
Top Bottom