PANIC! My fractal didn’t work today

danielworks

Inspired
at home everything was fine with my FX3 and FC12.

2 hours later at sound check this happened. Just withe screen.
I rebooted sometimes but it eventually would freeze at preset 1 with no sound and FC12 just initializing .

Could not play the gig today😭

I supposed to play a lot of rock stuff straight to FOH with no amp.
Had to play with acoustic nylon guitar straight to the mixer the whole night .

I hope that’s not serious with my unit

Attachments

• IMG_5147.jpeg
    IMG_5147.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 118
Do you have a foot switch attached to it? If you do, unplug it and restart it. If not then see the post above.
I had this happen a couple of years back when my foot switch cable went bad to my FC6.

Do you have a foot switch attached to it? If you do, unplug it and restart it. If not then see the post above.
I had this happen a couple of years back when my foot switch cable went bad to my FC6.
I had it plugged when it happened.

Tried without FC12 or any other pedal also.

Since 2010 i did not have single issue with any fractal gear…Probably just a loose cable but my friend get a case for your axe fx 3. the one on the photo has no case and has scratches all over. Not finger pointing or judging…don’t get me wrong, just so you enjoy your journey with the axe fx 3 for a long long long time.

Did you try this (in case of corrupted preset during boot)?

To boot from the emergency boot loader:
  • Power down the unit and wait five seconds.
  • Power on holding both PAGE LEFT and PAGE RIGHT buttons until the Emergency Utility page appears.
...then try and select an empty or different preset?

Last edited:
Hey guys, I fixed it !!! WHOHOOO !

Something was loose inside, the ribbons. I disconnected and reconnected the ribbon cables sometimes and the blank screen disappeared.
The problem of the persistent or frozen preset was the first encoder (ABCD) was problematic and also one NAV key (the arrows).
I removed the encoder (already ordered a spare part), dismounted and mounted all the panel keys and VOILA, like magic !
The Emergency utility and other options didn't work since something was already being pressed all the time.
Thank you so much guys ! very much appreciated !

Back
Top Bottom