Wish Overwrite default effect settings

Sonofiam

Power User
It would be nice for user's to be able to tweak an effect to a baseline and save it as their default setting. I do use block presets but they only work in FX8 Edit. This would be more for editing on the fly, having the ability to grab an effect that is already tweaked to what a user needs would be a great help.

It would be nice for user's to be able to tweak an effect to a baseline and save it as their default setting. I do use block presets but they only work in FX8 Edit. This would be more for editing on the fly, having the ability to grab an effect that is already tweaked to what a user needs would be a great help.
You can recall any single effect from another preset to your current preset using the RECALL Screen.

I'm not understanding a workaround as implemented.
Another solution would be to set up a bank exclusively for storing effect types (Drives, Delays, Reverbs, Modulations etc...)? Each slot in the bank would be able to store up to 8 blocks of each effect. Would work similarly to the Block Presets in Edit.

This would be more for editing on the fly, having the ability to grab an effect that is already tweaked to what a user needs would be a great help.
You currently have the ability, using the RECALL screen, to pull any effect as configured from any other preset into your current preset. This presumes that you have the effect "tweaked to what a user needs" in one of your other presets.

You currently have the ability, using the RECALL screen, to pull any effect as configured from any other preset into your current preset. This presumes that you have the effect "tweaked to what a user needs" in one of your other presets.
I've been trying to let it go but just can't seem to. This is not a realistic workaround. If it's not going to happen I guess that's that but to say we have the ability by using effects in existing presets is not the same thing at all. In order to accomplish what I'm asking by using what you say already exists would mean at least 8 presets alone to cover the drives.

This is the same thing that happened to a wish to have the Preset Up/Down function added to the footswitches. It's already in the Function footswitches was your reply. Bank Up/Down was already available with the Function footswitches but was still added as a Preset footswitch option, I was just asking for Preset Up/Down to be added as well. I guess it matters who you are whether something is considered.

While I'm on a rant, another issue that still hasn't been addressed is the Global volume not using the calibrated range of an expression pedal. The volume control works fine if using a Volume block but there's still an issue with the Global volume. That was written off by saying it was user error, that I didn't realize my expression pedal wasn't completely toe down.

I've enjoyed the FX8 very much and it's been my exclusive effects solution for over a year now and I don't ever see using anything else. It would just be nice to see some things implemented that would make it easier and more efficient to use. It doesn't make sense to disregard a suggestion just because it is already "possible".

As for the volume problem I found by adding pedal (2 for me) to IN 1 PRE & IN 1 POST on the I/O controls page of the FX8 solved my problem with not getting complete silence using EV1 pedal. Hope this helps.

As for the volume problem I found by adding pedal (2 for me) to IN 1 PRE & IN 1 POST on the I/O controls page of the FX8 solved my problem with not getting complete silence using EV1 pedal. Hope this helps.
That's not the issue I tried to address and I've used a workaround for the last year to compensate. If adding the volume to IN 1 PRE corrects the volume issue, the amp's effects loop would be the culprit. Even though an amp has a series effects loop the circuit may not prevent all of the signal from passing through. I have 2 amps that are dead quiet with the volume POST and 1 that is not completely silent with volume POST.

Back
Top Bottom