Outputs to headphone & speakers confusion

rsvette12

Power User
Hi Guys:

Pretty confused with a few issues

What I am trying to achieve is 3 separate outputs to control the eq of the 3 separate items

Guitar input is on front of unit wireless Nux

1. Headphones - with tube amp & preamp
2. Yamaha Studio Monitors - (to hear youtube backing tracks to play along with)
3. Line6 Powercab 212 plus which is great by the way - (my leads to jam with backing tracks)

Question 1 - I hear guitar coming out of the Studio monitors and the FRFR speaker at the same time (that may be interesting at some point maybe) but niot sure why its doing this as they are on separate outs in back of unit

Question 2 - I want to hear Youtube backing tracks with Headphones and Studio monitors and FRFR speaker all together as separate items to control each's EQ settings

Here is pictures to explain physically where the cables are coming out of the back of the Axe to perspective units

Thank for helping out not good with routing - manual is confusing to me

For #1, you're sending output to 3 things but not expecting output from all 3? I'm confused on that one...

If you don't want to hear it, either don't send signal there or turn down the knob on the front.

For #2, you should be able to add the IN USB Block and route it to the Outputs you want.

For #1, you're sending output to 3 things but not expecting output from all 3? I'm confused on that one...

If you don't want to hear it, either don't send signal there or turn down the knob on the front.

For #2, you should be able to add the IN USB Block and route it to the Outputs you want.

Thanks much as always

For #1 Im hearing the guitar coming out of studio speakers and FRFR at the same time - should guitar only come out of the FRFR only not both studio speakers and FRFR - I want YT backing tracks to play out of studio speakers and guitar to play out of FRFR only

#2 Ill try that USB block see how that goes - thanks much

There isn’t a simple way to do what you want. What exactly do you want to hear in the headphones? Are you on a Mac or Windows PC?

Seen usb block in with Fremen presets but does nothing that I can tell shut it off still get headphones working - meaning I only need the in 1 block so not sure what's the difference

There isn’t a simple way to do what you want. What exactly do you want to hear in the headphones? Are you on a Mac or Windows PC?

Hi Glenn on window 11 pc - read a post you mentioned some time back but not sure how you got it to work

I want YT backing tracks to come out of headphones and studio monitors but control each EQ separately and not have the FRFR guitar coming out of the studio monitors

I would assume if your using 3 different physical outputs in back of axe they would act that way - physically it doesnt seem to matter which is what I am not understanding - must be block setup on grid thats wrong somehow ?

I cant control the EQ of monitors - FRFR and Headphone independently

Last edited:
Ignoring the headphones, you can sort of get what you want by removing the out1 block from your preset and connecting your studio monitors to output 1. You won’t have EQ control over that output though. The problem is Windows lacks a way to select usb channels for system audio. If you have access to a Mac, it would be possible to do what you want by using the usb block. Otherwise, you’ll have to muck with patch cables.

Ignoring the headphones, you can sort of get what you want by removing the out1 block from your preset and connecting your studio monitors to output 1. You won’t have EQ control over that output though. The problem is Windows lacks a way to select usb channels for system audio. If you have access to a Mac, it would be possible to do what you want by using the usb block. Otherwise, you’ll have to muck with patch cables.

I did have them their before let me try that might get me closer - Ill see if the FRFR stops playing out of the monitors also
Ill have to try tomorrow night - bunch of wires have to be changed to do that I have a bass speaker hooked up to the monitors and they go thru that first then to monitors :( thanks much

Still have guitar playing out of FRFR and Studio Monitors - which means YT backing tracks studio monitors and FRFR sound is coming out of all of them at the same time nothing separate - maybe Fractal guys can chime in - I would like monitors to only play Youtube backing tracks

Doesnt make sense that using separate outs on the back of axe wouldnt act as separate items - confusing to me :(

Still have guitar playing out of FRFR and Studio Monitors - which means YT backing tracks studio monitors and FRFR sound is coming out of all of them at the same time nothing separate - maybe Fractal guys can chime in - I would like monitors to only play Youtube backing tracks

Doesnt make sense that using separate outs on the back of axe wouldnt act as separate items - confusing to me :(
You need to remove the Out 1 block from your preset and connect your studio monitors to output 1. Just make sure the various copy options on the i/o page are all turned off and the usb output mapping isn’t swapped. The sad fact is the i/o routing settings are rather confusing.

You need to remove the Out 1 block from your preset and connect your studio monitors to output 1. Just make sure the various copy options on the i/o page are all turned off and the usb output mapping isn’t swapped. The sad fact is the i/o routing settings are rather confusing.

Hi Glenn removed Out 1 block but now of course have no guitar sound - going crazy lol

Well, again, you're sending your guitar signal to 3 outputs, so you're going to get output from them.

Thanks so is there a way to assign the guitar to the only output I would like it to use ? maybe thats the missing part I'm confused about - thought guitar only comes out of output 1 ?

No, that's not how it works. If you've followed my instructions, you'll have guitar sound on the frfr. If it's still not working, you'll probably need someone to help you more directly, in person or on the phone, instead of on the forum.

No, that's not how it works. If you've followed my instructions, you'll have guitar sound on the frfr. If it's still not working, you'll probably need someone to help you more directly, in person or on the phone, instead of on the forum.
Got yah your splitting it up so I can just have guitar on the FRFR speaker only - thanks for help Guys

Back
Top Bottom